About The Cobb County School District
CCSD Home Page >
• Total Enrollment - 108,262 (March 2013)
• Total Number of Schools – 112
• Elementary Schools – 67
• Middle Schools - 25
• High Schools - 16
• Special Education Centers - 2
• Adult Education Center - 1
• Performance Learning Center - 1
The School District is the second largest employer in Cobb
County. Among the 13,551 employees are:
• 5,588 Classroom Teachers
• 1,464 Special Education Teachers
• 266 School Counselors
• 36 School Social Workers
• 49 School Psychologists
• 126 Media Specialists
• 1,314 Paraprofessionals
• 122 School Nurses
• 343 School administrators
• 1,079 Bus Drivers, Transportation
• 707 Maintenance, Operations
• 1,025 Cafeteria, Food Service
• 44 Public Safety Staff
• 1,388 School Support, Other Staff
Ethnic Breakdown of Students
- Spring 2013
• White 42.4%
• Black 31.4%
• Hispanic 17.8%
• Asian 4.8%
• Two or More Races 3.2%
• American Indian < 1%
• Pacific Islander < 1%
Percentage of Students Qualifying for Free/Reduced Lunch (2011-12)
Transiency Rate (2011-12) - 22.64%
As the second largest
school system in Georgia, the Cobb County School District is responsible for educating more than 106,000 students in a diverse,
constantly changing suburban environment.
Our mission is 'Creating and Supporting Pathways for Success.'
Our vision is 'Empowering Dreams for the Future.'
24th largest school system in United States
- Achievement - aspiring to the highest level of excellence
- Integrity - demonstrating honesty, consistency, taking responsibility for action, being worthy of trust
- Creativity/Innovation - supporting flexibility, adaptability in keeping up with changes in education and technology
- Accountability - taking responsibility for actions, outcomes, and expectations
- We believe successful schools are a foundation of community stability, growth, and prosperity.
- We believe family and community engagement is critical to student and district success.
- We believe in a constant and purposeful focus on what is best for students.
- We believe creativity and innovation are encouraged and embraced by all stakeholders.
- We believe in cultivating a positive environment where students are provided pathways for success.
- Vary learning experiences to increase success in career paths.
- Differentiate resources for areas/schools based on needs.
- Develop stakeholder involvement to promote student success.
- Recruit, hire, support, and retain employees for the highest levels of excellence.