About The Cobb County School District
CCSD Home Page >
Total Enrollment - 108,262 (March 2013)
Total Number of Schools – 112
Elementary Schools – 67
Middle Schools - 25
High Schools - 16
Special Education Centers - 2
Adult Education Center - 1
Performance Learning Center - 1
The School District is the second largest employer in Cobb
County. Among the 13,526 employees are:
5,538 Classroom Teachers
1,452 Special Education Teachers
263 School Counselors
35 School Social Workers
49 School Psychologists
127 Media Specialists
126 School Nurses
330 School administrators
1,072 Bus Drivers, Transportation
717 Maintenance, Operations
1,059 Cafeteria, Food Service
41 Public Safety Staff
1,407 School Support, Other Staff
Ethnic Breakdown of Students
- Spring 2013
Two or More Races 3.2%
American Indian < 1%
Pacific Islander < 1%
Percentage of Students Qualifying for Free/Reduced Lunch (2011-12)
Transiency Rate (2011-12) - 22.64%
As the second largest school system in Georgia, the Cobb County School District is responsible for educating more than 106,000 students in a diverse,
constantly changing suburban environment.
Our mission is 'Creating and Supporting Pathways for Success.'
Our vision is 'Empowering Dreams for the Future.'
24th largest school system in United States
- Achievement - aspiring to the highest level of excellence
- Integrity - demonstrating honesty, consistency, taking responsibility for action, being worthy of trust
- Creativity/Innovation - supporting flexibility, adaptability in keeping up with changes in education and technology
- Accountability - taking responsibility for actions, outcomes, and expectations
- We believe successful schools are a foundation of community stability, growth, and prosperity.
- We believe family and community engagement is critical to student and district success.
- We believe in a constant and purposeful focus on what is best for students.
- We believe creativity and innovation are encouraged and embraced by all stakeholders.
- We believe in cultivating a positive environment where students are provided pathways for success.
- Vary learning experiences to increase success in career paths.
- Differentiate resources for areas/schools based on needs.
- Develop stakeholder involvement to promote student success.
- Recruit, hire, support, and retain employees for the highest levels of excellence.