Are you a former Cobb student in need of student records?
Student records are held at the last school attended for approximately two (2) years before they are sent to the Records Center
for retention. The Records Center, located at 6975 Cobb International Blvd. in Kennesaw, maintains records, including transcripts, of students
who have graduated or withdrawn from the Cobb County School District. Students must be 18 years of age or older to obtain records;
Parents/Guardians may obtain or authorize the release of records for students under the age of 18. An original signature is required; phone
or fax requests will not be processed.
To request a student record:
- Download and complete request Form JR-1
(Microsoft Word format). Be sure to include the student’s name as used at the local school, the date of birth, the name of the last school the
student attended and the year of graduation or withdrawal.
- For transcripts, there is a $2.00 fee per copy. If the request is for the student’s entire educational record, the fee will be $.25 per page.
- Include your payment as cash, check, or money order.
- Include the contact name and address of the institution (colleges, work programs, etc.) to which the transcript(s) should be
mailed and the number of copies to be released. Official transcripts are placed in a sealed envelope and must be specifically requested.
- The student (if student is 18 years of age) or Parent/Guardian (if student is under 18) must sign the form and include their
address and phone number and provide a copy of a photo ID that includes a signature.
- The completed request form and fees payment can be made in person, or mailed to:
Cobb County School District Records Center
6975 Cobb International Blvd.
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Click here for directions
Office Hours: 9:30 AM -3:30 PM. Hours may vary during summer months.
Processing a transcript request takes 3-5 work days after receipt of the request.
See District Administrative Rule JR-R for additional details and
regulations about student records.
Immunization Information (GRITS):
Click here for important information about the Georgia Registry of Immunization Transactions and Services
Background/Employment Verification Companies:
A processing fee of $2 is required from any business or agency requesting education verification for any current or former CCSD
student. Verification requests require 3-5 work days after receipt to respond. Faxed or phone requests will not be processed. Be aware that
records reside in the last school attended for approximately two (2) years, so any information needed during this time frame should be
forwarded directly to the schools. The addresses can be found on our website.
For students who have left the District over two (2) years ago, please use the address listed above.