Instructional Technology Menu
Windows 10 Teacher Laptop Reimage
To ensure a smooth update to the newest Windows 10
image, please refer to the support information below to assist you with each phase of the teacher laptop reimage.
- Back up your documents and folders instructions found here.
- Back up your documents and folders to Office 365 instructions found here.
- Make a note of any software that was manually installed and any
associated license keys. Your local field tech will be working with you to collect this information for a quicker restoration of your laptop.
- For users who have the software
SMART Notebook Learning Suite (version 16) it is
activation key is deactivated.
- Make a note of your installed printers. This will help you identify which printers to install on your laptop.
Click these instructions for how to locate installed printers.
- Remove any flash drives, CDs, SD cards and wireless mouse recievers in the laptop.
Please Select ONE of the three methods below for reimaging your laptop
- Method One: Self Service Laptop reimaging - click here for step-by-step directions.
- To view the video directions for Step-by-Step directions, click here.
- Please allot two - three hours for the complete reimage and the reinstallion of software.
- During reinstallation, laptop should remain logged off, powered on, and hardwired.
- Method Two: Manual reimage completed by local school Field Tech, prior to summer break.
- Bring your laptop and power supply to the designated area.
- You will be asked to log into the new laptop before taking it home.
- Method Three: Manual reimage completed by local School Field Tech on an assigned summer date.
for Windows 10 resources.
Click here for SMART Learning Suite resources.