CCSD Identity Guidelines and Logo Downloads
Chief of Staff >
The Cobb County School District Graphic Identity Program is designed to distinguish all official communications from the District, in compliance with
Administrative Rule KDF. The program is composed of a system of coordinated graphic elements,
including the stylized ‘C’ icon and wordmark, and identities for the District’s academic programs such as Cobb edTV and the International Welcome Center.
This logo system is recommended for all visual representations of the District—for signs, video productions, exhibit materials, vehicles, and the like,
in addition to printed publications and Web sites. Exceptions to these guidelines and standards must be approved in advance by the Communications Office.
Primary Identity Marks
Specific graphic elements, colors, and typefaces have been chosen to give printed and online communications from the Cobb County School
District a cohesive, consistent presentation. The official logo of the Cobb County School District is the stylized 'C' icon with the
outline of Cobb County on its interior. It is used to identify all official communications from the district. The icon is also paired with
text in several approved wordmarks.
- The District logos are designed to be used as one unit, not as separate letter forms or elements.
- The symbols of the logo system should not be modified or altered in any way.
- The proportions of the graphic element should remain unaltered.
- The wordmarks must be clearly legible at all times.
- The wordmarks must be reproduced from official artwork.
Download official versions of the CCSD logos below. Included are EPS (encapulated PostScript) files, which are scalable vector
artwork that can be opened and scaled (within the above guidelines) in programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Also
included are PNG (Portable Network Graphic) files, which are suitable for use in Web design and in Microsoft Office software such
as Word and Powerpoint.
Color and typography are an important part of the Cobb County School District’s identity program. The District’s official color
is burgundy (PMS® 201). The District uses gold, black and beige as appropriate support colors that compliment the burgundy.
Print Color Guidelines
- Use the correct Pantone Matching System® color for burgundy (PMS® 201). Do not use another shade of red or burgundy as a substitute for PMS 201.
- In four-color print jobs, you can simulate PMS® 201 using this CMYK formula:
7% cyan, 100% magenta, 65% yellow, and 32% black.
- Note that in two-color printing the use of black ink and PMS® 201 allows the exact burgundy red in the logo and a highlight color throughout the
publication. Black may be used for text and photo color.
- In cases where colors other than burgundy and black are used, a monochrome logo should be printed in the darkest color.
Screen Color Guidelines (for Web Design and Microsoft Office)
- In Microsoft Office suite software, you can approximate PMS® 201 burgundy by selecting 'More Colors' from the Color palette menu and setting
the RGB sliders to these values: Red: 162 Green: 11 Blue: 53
- To approximate PMS® 201 burgundy on Web site designs, use hexadecimal code