CCSD News and Announcements
CCSD Home Page >
News Archive >
|For Immediate Release
For more information contact:
|July 6, 2012
Jay Dillon (770) 426-3345
Invitation to Present Information to the Name Selection Committee for the Smyrna Replacement Elementary School
You are invited to present information in support of the name you have suggested for the new school. Here are the details about this opportunity to speak before the members of the Committee:
- Day, date and time - July 17, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.
- Location - Brown Elementary School, 3265 Brown Road, Smyrna, GA 30080
- Contact person - James (Brett) Ward, Principal Brown Elementary School and new school principal
- School phone - 678-842-6838
- Number of committee members - 10 Members
- Format - Informal
- Time allotted - Three to five minutes; the amount of time given will depend upon the number of presenters.
The Name Selection Committee has set aside 45 minutes for these presentations. If multiple speakers attend to support one name, the Committee reserves the right to limit the number of presenters endorsing any one name to four. If the collective presenters cannot decide who shall speak, the Committee Chair will use a lottery system to make the selection.
Please call Mr. Ward at the number provided above to confirm your participation in this meeting. If you are unable to attend this meeting or prefer not to present, please submit your suggestion via email by Aug. 20, 2012 and the committee will still consider the name.
When the members have reviewed all suggestions, the Naming Committee will choose three (3) names. The Committee will submit those three names to the Superintendent, who will present them to the Board of Education. Board Members are expected to vote on the name for this school no later than September 28, 2012. The District will announce the approved name in the local newspapers and on the District Web page.