ADMINISTRATIVE APPLICATION ONLINE HELP
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN OR UPDATE THE ONLINE APPLICATION!
CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF JOB OPENINGS
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership, Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership preferred
- Valid renewable Georgia Educational Leadership Certificate at level 5 or higher; or comparable certificate from out-of-state*
- Minimum of three (3) years successful experience in school administration and/or supervision in education
- Master Degree in education field* , Master Degree in Educational Leadership preferred
- Pass GACE Educational Leadership Assessment (http://gace.ets.org/)
- Valid Georgia Educational Leadership Certificate at level 5 or eligible for NPL5
- Minimum of three (3) years successful educational experience
* Upon being offered an administrative position, the system will apply for NPL5 certification, which requires completion of a Specialist degree program and obtaining PL6 certification within five (5) years.
In addition to meeting Cobb requirements, out-of-state applicants must meet Georgia Professional Standards Commission requirements for Leadership certification.
Administrative Application Process
STEP 1: Application
- Apply online.
- Upload the requested documents via the online application. Do not mail, email or fax. All supporting documents are reviewed online.
- teaching/leadership certificate
- letter of interest
STEP 2: Screening
- All applications, resumes and certificates are reviewed online to determine if the applicants meet the minimum requirements for the position(s) applied for. Applications will have a
status of “Incomplete” if supporting documents are not uploaded in the online application.
STEP 3: Reference Checking
- LOCAL SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Once you add an open position and submit your application, the STAR system will generate an automated e-mail to your
references requesting them to follow a link and complete the administrative reference form. This form is different than the
certified form and pertains to your leadership abilities. Once your references have been returned, the Leadership Management Office
will begin the application review process.
- CENTRAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
The Leadership Management Office does not use the automated
reference feature to obtain references for central office administrative positions, references will be sent once finalists have been selected.
STEP 4: Position Interviews
- Central Office Administrative Positions & Local School Assistant Principal
When a vacancy occurs, the hiring administrator selects applicants from among the qualified applicants and conducts interviews. Applicants are
interviewed in the school/division where the vacancy exists. After the interviews, the administrator makes an employment recommendation to the
Leadership Management Office in Human Resources.
- Principal Selection Process
Click to download a copy of the Principal Selection Process document.
STEP 5: Appointment
- All persons are employed by official action of the Board of Education upon recommendation of the Superintendent.
STEP 6: Paper-Work Session
- After official employment offers, new administrators are invited to a paperwork session to learn about the District and complete employment
forms. New employees are required to have Georgia fingerprints on file with us prior to the start of employment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I add a job to my online application?
Click on “How To Update Your Online Application” above.
2. I lost my user ID and password, how do I get it?
Please make sure you go to the Forgot your User ID and/or password? section at
the bottom of the login screen. Once there, you will get 2 different options to recover your User ID and/or Password. The system has the
ability to e-mail your login information immediately to the e-mail address you entered on your application.
If your e-mail address has changed please contact us at 770-426-3342 to update your contact information.
If necessary, please make sure you update your e-mail address on your application next time you log into the STAR system.
3. Will I be contacted for a job interview?
First, we review your application. If you are qualified for a position(s), your application will be referred to the principal or
supervisor with the vacancy. The principal/supervisor may or may not contact you for an interview. Due to the large volume of qualified
applicants, not everyone referred to the principal or supervisor will be interviewed.
4. What is the status of my application?
You will receive an e-mail upon submission of your application to confirm receipt. If you meet the qualifications for the position(s) for
which you applied, your name will be referred to hiring officials. While your application is active, hiring officials will also be able to query
and find your application and resume if your skills meet their needs.
5. I submitted an application, but have not yet heard back. Who should I contact?
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applicants. Should your
qualification match our staffing needs, we will contact you directly.
6. How do I become certified for school or central office administration?
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission is the licensing agency for the State of Georgia. To become an administrator in a
public school in Georgia, an Educational Leadership certificate (license) is required. The Georgia Professional Standard
Commission’s website is www.gapsc.com. Please access the website to acquire detailed information regarding
certification requirements. Check Rules and Regulations under the certification drop down menu. Cobb County accepts applications from
candidates who hold or are eligible (completed all requirements, passed all tests by date of employment) for a professional,
renewable certificate in Georgia or another state.
7. How can I confirm my current supervisor has completed and returned the electronic reference form?
Go to the main website: www.cobbk12.org. Click on Employment, select option to "Update an existing
application", select option "Have you already registered or applied?". Log in by entering your User ID & Password. At the bottom
of the next screen, select "Check Administrative Reference Status" link. If your references have not completed the Electronic reference
form which was sent to their e-mail address, verify their e-mail address is accurate and/or contact your reference directly to
confirm they received the reference form and it is not in their spam folder. Once the application process is complete, we have all the
information we need to consider you for employment.
The administrative reference form is different than the certified reference form and pertains to your leadership abilities.
If you are also completing a certified or classified application, please make sure your immediate principal/supervisor is aware that
they will need to complete all reference forms.