Program Management and Accountability
SPLOST Dept. >
Welcome to the Program Management Department
Program Management is responsible for the oversight thru management and delivery of both
large and small scale Special Purpose local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) projects as well as non-SPLOST
projects. The department is involved in designing architecturally sound functioning schools creating
a learning environment that allows our Cobb County School District (CCSD) students to achieve and grow.
Program management provides scope definition, plan preparation, scheduling, budget development,
documentation, monitoring and reporting. The program managers each provide oversight, leadership
and coordination for architects, engineers, vendors, local school and administrative staff and other
project related entities.
Program Management Staff
New and Replacement Facilities
- Constructing a total of 223 new classrooms with a net increase of 85 at the elementary school level and an increase of 40 classrooms at the high school level.
- Replacing three of the oldest elementary schools: Eastside, Mableton and an undetermined school in Smyrna. The proposal also will add a new ninth grade center in the West Cobb area, as well as ninth grade center additions at North Cobb and South Cobb high schools
Additions / Modifications
- Adding to existing facilities a total of 179 classrooms with a net total increase of 143 (34 at the elementary school level, 42 at the middle school level, and 67 at the high school level).
- Providing an additional $14,588,963 for “Undesignated Classrooms” to include the construction of and/or purchasing of classroom space, including portable classrooms, and for the enhancement of existing portables.
- Constructing major additions/modifications/renovations at the following locations: North Cobb High School, South Cobb High School, Campbell High School, Sprayberry High School, and Pope High Schools; Garrett Middle School, Hightower Trail Middle School, McCleskey Middle School, Pine Mountain Middle School, and Simpson Middle school; Bells Ferry Elementary School, Sope Creek Elementary School, Cheatham Hill Elementary School and Nickajack Elementary School.
Maintenance / Renovation
- Maintenance projects including parking lot repaving, additional parking spaces, drainage enhancements, fencing repairs, landscaping, playground equipment, tennis courts and track resurfacing, re-flooring, painting, HVAC, plumbing, fire suppression for all locations and various electrical upgrades (fire alarm systems, emergency generators, sports lighting, etc).