Welcome to Dodgen M.S.
2009 GA School of Excellence
Phil Wilkes, Principal
Nichole Stennis, Assistant
Karen Davis, Assistant Principal
News & Announcement
enrollment protocol posted
Week Information linked
The Lemonade Bucket Challenge
ran from September 22 - 30. During this time Dodgen
students and staff raised $1117.99. All proceeds will be donated to the Rally Foundation
in support of childhood cancer research. The "winning" teachers,
who will receive and ice cold bucket of lemonade on their heads
are: Brian Wilson (6),
Mary Barkley (7) and
Murrell (8). Thank you to all for your support!
We are excited to launch the Dodgen
Foundation. Please visit the website at
www.DodgenFoundation.com. Donations can be placed
here. We have
achieved 90% of our goal. Please help put us over the top!
Thank you so much for your support.
Pre-Order your copy of Diary of a
Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
If you were unable to
pick up your ParentVue activation key during Open House, they
are now available in the front office during regular school
hours. Please bring photo ID.
Congratulations to Janette Strasser
Dodgen's Teacher of the year!
Congratulations to Leigh Andersen
Dodgen's Classified Employee of the year!
Upcoming Dodgen Events
New Door Buzz-in System
Letter regarding the new door
buzz-in system is linked
Informational video is linked
Informational video for Cobb
Digital Library is linked
Beginning of the year 2014-2015 presentation is
Informational video for parent
access to Edmodo is linked
Synergy for Parents and Students
Informational video for parent
access to Synergy is linked here.
Informational video for student access to
Synergy is linked
Lexile Search Informational video on how to search for a book by
lexile level in Destiny Quest is
B.Y.O.D. at Dodgen:
If your student will take advantage of the "Bring Your Own Device" technology at school, please review the following Cobb County School District policies regarding Student Internet Usage and Safety.
CCSD Rule IFBGE – Internet Safety
CCSD RuleIFBG-R – Internet Acceptable Use
Letter about the new CCGP Standards
(click to view)
All children will receive the respect, encouragement and
opportunities they need to build the knowledge, skills, and
attitudes to be successful, contributing members of a global
Dodgen Middle School's mission is to promote academic
excellence, individual responsibility, resourcefulness,
creativity, mutual respect, and self-esteem in a healthy,
We believe our role is to:
- Challenge students in academics, fine arts, foreign language, physical education and health
- Prepare students to be life-long learners
- Use differentiated instruction to address the individual needs of all learners
- Provide a safe, healthy and nurturing environment that promotes academic growth, leadership opportunities and exploration of interests and talents
- Incorporate technology into the learning environment
- Partner with families and community members to enhance student achievement
- Empower students to reach their full potential
- Encourage responsibility and self-reliance
- Promote a culture of excellence and mutual respect
- Embrace the diversity of our population
- Foster enthusiasm and a love for learning
School Strategic Plan