Welcome to Dodgen M.S.
2009 GA School of Excellence
Phil Wilkes, Principal
Nichole Stennis, Assistant
Karen Davis, Assistant Principal
News & Announcements
Performing Arts donations
On Tuesday, August 26, 2014, you will be receiving the
Performing Arts information from your students. Performing
Arts series enhances your child’s academic curriculum with
educational LIVE arts performances in music, theater, and dance.
The contributions are voluntary and tax-deductible, however we
do need the form returned regardless as it serves as their
permission slip. Any amount is appreciated but the
suggested amount is $14. Please join Dodgen in making
exposure to the Arts possible for our students. Place your
donation in the envelope that will be sent home with your
Envelopes may be placed in any black box.
We are excited to launch the Dodgen
Foundation. Please visit the website at
Donations can be placed
If you were unable to
pick up your ParentVue activation key during Open House, they
are now available in the front office during regular school
hours. Please bring photo ID.
View the beginning of the year presentation
here which was shared with
all Dodgen students on the first day of school, 2014-2015.
Included are tips to help promote student sucess as well as
Congratulations to Janette Strasser
Dodgen's Teacher of the year!
Congratulations to Leigh Andersen
Dodgen's Classified Employee of the year!
Upcoming Dodgen Events
New Door Buzz-in System
Letter regarding the new door
buzz-in system is linked
Informational video is linked
Informational video for Cobb
Digital Library is linked
Informational video for parent
access to Edmodo is linked
Synergy for Parents and Students
Informational video for parent
access to Synergy is linked here.
Informational video for student access to
Synergy is linked
Lexile Search Informational video on how to search for a book by
lexile level in Destiny Quest is
B.Y.O.D. at Dodgen:
If your student will take advantage of the "Bring Your Own Device" technology at school, please review the following Cobb County School District policies regarding Student Internet Usage and Safety.
CCSD Rule IFBGE – Internet Safety
CCSD RuleIFBG-R – Internet Acceptable Use
Letter about the new CCGP Standards
(click to view)
All children will receive the respect, encouragement and
opportunities they need to build the knowledge, skills, and
attitudes to be successful, contributing members of a global
Dodgen Middle School's mission is to promote academic
excellence, individual responsibility, resourcefulness,
creativity, mutual respect, and self-esteem in a healthy,
We believe our role is to:
- Challenge students in academics, fine arts, foreign language, physical education and health
- Prepare students to be life-long learners
- Use differentiated instruction to address the individual needs of all learners
- Provide a safe, healthy and nurturing environment that promotes academic growth, leadership opportunities and exploration of interests and talents
- Incorporate technology into the learning environment
- Partner with families and community members to enhance student achievement
- Empower students to reach their full potential
- Encourage responsibility and self-reliance
- Promote a culture of excellence and mutual respect
- Embrace the diversity of our population
- Foster enthusiasm and a love for learning
School Strategic Plan