Welcome to Eastvalley School
A "Leader in Me" School
Class Lists Posted
Wednesday, July 29 - late afternoon.
Watch the Eastvalley website for details.
Popsicles with the Principal
Wednesday, July 29, 6:00 - 7:30pm at Eastvalley
- Meet Mr. Foster, our new principal
- You will be able to purchase sno-cones from the Kona Ice truck.
- Overflow parking will be next door at Eastside Baptist Church.
Sneak-a-Peek & Eagle Day
Thursday, July 30
- Meet your child's teacher between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m.
- Stop by the cafeteria between 7:30 a.m. and noonfor Eagle Day — get your carpool number, sign up for the afterschool program (ASP), purchase spirit wear, learn about upcoming FAST programs.
- Visit the media center to register online for PTA membership, directory & much more! Also, meet our new principal!
- Note: you can take care of many of these tasks at our new website. Click here!
Thursday, July 30, 6:00 - 7:15 p.m.
- Come talk with your child's teacher & learn about life as a kindergartener at Eastvalley!
- This is an informational meeting for parents so please try to make childcare arrangements. If needed, students will be able to come to the orientation.
First Day of School
Monday, Aug 3
- The tardy bell rings at 7:50
- If you walk your young child to his or her classroom, please park at Eastside Baptist, as the EV parking lot will be very crowded. Please do not park in the neighborhoods or on the grassy areas in front of Eastvalley. Thank you!
- Thursday, August 6, 6:00 - 8:00 pm - First, Third & Fifth Grade parents
- Tuesday, August 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pm - Second & Fourth Grade parents
Please join the New EV Community Website!
The Eastvalley PTA & Foundation have launched a new website:
Please register for a FREE account today. Benefits:
- online store: join PTA, buy spirit wear
- volunteer for PTA events
- view calendar
- online student directory (anyone can be listed, but online access is restricted to PTA members, $8 cost)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You must register for a FREE account at the new website in order to receive e-blasts in the future. We are moving our database to the new website program.
2015-2016 Supply List!
Rising 5th Grade Parents
Please Consider Joining
East Cobb Middle School Council
Office 365 for Students
Cobb County School District is pleased to offer
Microsoft Office 365 to its employees and students!
Microsoft Office When and Where Students Need it!
Academic institutions that are Microsoft customers
and license Microsoft Office Suite for all employees are
eligible to offer Office 365 to their students at no
additional cost. Cobb County students may download the
full version of Microsoft Office and familiar Microsoft
Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
OneNote. Office 365 is a user-based service and allows
each student to install Microsoft Office on up to five
PCs or Macs and five mobile devices (including iPads).
In addition, access to Microsoft Office mobile
applications on iPhone and Android phones is available.
(Office Mobile applications are included with all
Click here for more information about Office 365.
Take advantage of the resources below to learn more
about this opportunity.
Access your free license for Microsoft Office and Office 365:
- Follow the instructions provided in the parent email received from Cobb County School District.
(See Parental Consent Addendum below for further details.)
- Select consent option and submit
- Access follow up email with student login information.
Login user name format for Office 365:
- Students = First.Last@students.cobbk12.org
(If students share the same name, then they will have a 3 digit number appended to their last name, i.e.-
Password:123- Please change after creating account.
- Staff = First.Last@cobbk12.org
(same as your Cobb email address).
Get excited! Tutor Night is being introduced at Chick-fil-A
East Lake! We understand that there are children
who may need some extra help, and we wanted to help
make a difference. This "want" sparked the
question, "Why not start with the children in our
community?" Lo & behold, Tutor Night!
Team members of our Chick-fil-A are volunteering
their time to tutor the children on Wednesday nights from 4:30-5:30. Do
not hesitate to come in! We at Chick-fil-A East
Lake are passionate about our children growing in
our community. While your child is learning, you
could sit down with your family and enjoy a meal.
At the end of the quarter, the children would
receive a free Icedream or Kid's meal-- it all
depends on the grades. Please email us at email@example.com if
your child would like to partake in Tutor Night!
Thank you in advance for your trust in our store to
help your children. Every action taken will cause a
positive influence in our community. Let's make it
Excited to serve you,
Chick-fil-A East Lake Tutors
Come & Sharpen Your Saw
in the Morning with Coach Albert!
Click Here for the Schedule
Sunrise Sharpen the Saw is back! Sunrise Sharpen the Saw
is an exercise program that helps students gear
up for the academic day. The morning program
will be Monday - Friday from 7:20 to 7:50. All
classes are scheduled for a certain day of the
however, I will only take the first 40 students
by 7:25. Please encourage your child to
Students perform better academically when they are physically
fit. Student’s brains are kind of like the
internet - made up of circuits that handle all
information. When you work cardio before class,
you turn up the speed of the internet between
your ears - your brain :-).
Familes New to Eastvalley
Don't forget to subscribe to the EV PTA's weekly e-blast:
Listen to Our Assembly Characters Talk About The 7 Habits!