Summer School Info
iOS App | Android App
Cobb Virtual Library
Receive Important Alerts by Texting "CCSD" to 84700
Click Here To Join
Commencement Venue Information
Roswell Street Baptist Church
Roswell Street Baptist Church is located on Roswell Street in Marietta between Cobb Parkway (U.S. Highway 41) and the Marietta Square. Commencement will be held in the Worship Center (building C on the campus map). Guests will enter the Worship Center through the vestibule doors on the North side of the building facing Roswell Street (marked by a yellow star on the campus map).
Download a Campus Map
Parking is available on the church campus. Additional parking is available at the school district offices at 514 Glover Street and 440 Glover Street in Marietta. Free shuttle bus service will be available beginning one (1) hour prior to the ceremony and continuing one (1) hour after the ceremony.
From the North: Take Cobb Parkway South to Roswell Street (at the "Big Chicken"). Turn right on Roswell Street. Go approximately 1/2 mile and the church will be on the left.
From the South: Take Cobb Parkway North to Roswell Street (at the "Big Chicken"). Turn left on Roswell Street. Go approximately 1/2 mile and the church will be on the left.
From the West: Take Dallas Highway/Whitlock Avenue into the Marietta Square. Continue past the Marietta Square on Roswell Street approximately 1 and 1/4 miles. The church will be on the right.
From the East: Take Roswell Road to Cobb Parkway. Continue accross Cobb Parkway (at the "Big Chicken") onto Roswell Street approximately 1/2 mile. The church will be on the left.
Find it on MapQuest
Tickets & Entry
Tickets are required for ALL persons entering. Tickets are allocated and distributed by the graduating student's school. Guest entry is through the vestibule doors on the North side of the building facing Roswell Street (marked by a yellow star on the campus map). The doors will open 45 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
Commencement is an exciting occassion for the graduates, their families and guests. Please follow these guidelines and be considerate of other guests so that everyone may have a memorable experience:
- Plan to arrive on time. Late arrivals are distruptive to other guests and the graduates.
- There will be a high volume of traffic entering and leaving campus in addition to normal traffic which varies by the time of day. Please plan to arrive early to allow plenty of time to find a parking spot, walk or ride a shuttle to the church and locate a seat. Please keep in mind that most people coming for each school's ceremony will be coming from the same general direction.
- Saving seats in the Worship Center is not permitted. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There is no provision at the ceremony for storing personal items such as purses, briefcases, back packs, etc.
- Balloons and signs are not permitted within the venue.
- Strollers are not permitted in the Worship Center. Strollers brought into the venue must be left under the stairs in the vestibule. The district and its schools are not responsible for strollers left in the vestibule.
- The use of tripods, monopods, and other camera stabilizing devices is not permitted.
- All aisles, stairwells and doorways must remain clear at all times.
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate seating area(s).
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate line-up area.
- Please silence all cell phones prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Parents, family members and other guests are encouraged to pre-arrange a location to meet their graduate following the ceremony.
Information about accommodations for guests with disabilities and elderly guests requiring special assistance:
- The Roswell Street Baptist Church Worship Center is fully ADA accessible.
- Parking for guests with disabilities and those with limited mobility is available in the lot in the front lot of the church along Roswell Street (refer to campus map).
- Guests with disabilities, limited mobility and elderly guests needing special assistance may enter through the designated door to the East of the vestibule (marked by a wheelchair symbol on the campus map) beginning one hour prior to the start of each ceremony. Early admission will be granted to the person needing assistance and one (1) companion only. All other guests may enter the Worship Center beginning 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Tickets are required of all guests to be admitted to the Worship Center.
- Once inside the Worship Center, any guest needing special accommodations (such as wheelchair seating) may sit in designated areas or any accessible seating, on the floor level, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One companion may sit with the guest needing special assistance in designated seating areas. This limit is imposed so that the needs of all persons needing special accommodations may be served.
- Ushers will be available at the doors and throughout the Worship Center to assist guests needing special assistance.
- If you have need for accommodations beyond parking, early entry and/or seating, please contact the graduating student's school to discuss your needs.
Have a question? Contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org