All employees of the Cobb County School District (District), except temporary and substitute employees, who are also a custodial
parent/legal guardian/step-parent with who the child is domiciled, may elect to have their student(s) attend any District school
subject to the requirements of Administrative Rule JBCD-R.
- The employee must complete a Child(ren) of Employee Transfer Application.
- If the student transfers at the high school level, he/she must meet Georgia High School Association requirements to participate in competitive interscholastic activities.
- The employee is limited to one school selection at each elementary, middle and high school level unless there is a change in employment location.
- If an employee retires from the District, the provisions of Administrative Rule JBCD-R will continue, as long as the student is enrolled in a District school. If an eligible employee is granted a leave of absence, the student may remain at the school approved through this Rule until the end of the approved leave.
- If the eligible employee resigns or is terminated from the District, the provisions of Child(ren) of Employee transfers will end. At that time, the student will be governed by all policies affecting Cobb County students who are not children of eligible employees.
- An eligible employee's student may return at any time to the school in the attendance zone in which he/she is a resident. With the exception of students who attend school where their parents/guardians are full-time teachers, professionals or other employees, acceptable attendance, behavior and grades are required in order for the request to be approved and for the student to remain on transfer. The parent/guardian is also expected to maintain a cordial and cooperative working relationship with school personnel. Failure to comply with these provisions may result in the withdrawal of such student. For a student attending a school where a parent/guardian is a full-time teacher, professional, or other employee, the requirements of O.C.G.A. § 20-2-293 shall apply.
- The employee may either provide transportation for his/her student to attend the approved school or request to and receive written approval from Transportation to board a bus at an approved bus stop for the approved school (see Administrative Rule JBCD-R for details and an application).
Applications for the 2016-17
school year are still being accepted. However, please note that
for 2016-17 applications the choice of school(s) may be limited
based on available space at individual schools. For more
information regarding applying for the 2016-17 school year
please mail the Student Support Office.
For the 2017-2018 school year
Applications for the
2017-2018 school year will be accepted
from November 1, 2016 through January 20, 2017. Applications submitted after January 20, 2017 (late applications, applications for new employees, etc) will continue to be accepted but school choice may be limited based on available space at individual schools.
The 2017-18 online application is available