2013-14 School Choice: HB 251 & Senate Bill 10
Leadership & Learning >
Student Support >
Cobb County School District is again participating in School choice, HB 251 and SB 10 for the 2013-14 school year.
- Any resident student of CCSD may apply for a HB 251 transfer. Only CCSD students with a current IEP may apply for a SB 10 transfer.
- The application window for this year will open on February 25, 2013 and close at 5 p.m. on March 8, 2013. No early or late applications will be accepted.
- Available space at a school is based upon permanent classroom space which includes available seats in each classroom.
- Applications are per child, not per family group.
- The application will be available on this website February 25, 2013.
- HB 251 applications may be mailed, personally brought to 514 Glover Street or faxed to 678.594.8731 or 678-594-8557.
- SB 10 Applications may be mailed, personally brought to 514 Glover St or faxed to 678-594-8630.
- Available spaces are not assigned on a first-come-first served basis.
- If there are more applications than spaces at a particular school, a lottery will be held.
- Selected students may complete the highest grade of that particular school only.
- Parents are responsible for timely transportation to and from the transfer school.
- Parents will be notified via telephone or e-mail by March 15, 2013.
- School choice transfer students must register at the school by May 1, 2013.
- (HS students must have an appointment or be registered by the deadline).
- Charter schools and new schools are exempt from School Choice.
- Click here for the HB251 Application
- Click here for the SB10 Application
Important Information for Parents Concerning GHSA Eligibility When Considering NCLB School Choice Options
Admissions/Withdrawals for Children of CCSD Employees ONLY
For more information, please see: