Online applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be
beginning February 1, 2017.
For anyone needing access to a
computer in order to complete the online application,
a kiosk is available in the lobby of the District's central
office (514 Glover Street, Marietta).
The kiosk will be available from 8:00am until 4:30pm, Monday
during the month of February.
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are no longer being accepted.
Any resident student of the Cobb County School District may
apply for a School Choice transfer in accordance with Georgia’s
Quality Basic Education Act (O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2131 also known as
- The application window for the 2017-2018 school year
will be open
from February 1, 2017
and close at midnight on February 28, 2017. No late
applications will be accepted.
- Available space at a school is based upon permanent classroom space which includes
available seats at each grade level.
- Online applicants will be provided a confirmation
- Available spaces are not assigned on a
- If there are more applications received than
spaces available at a particular school, a lottery will be
- Selected students may complete the highest grade of
that particular school before having to re-apply if the
student maintains acceptable attendance, behavior, and
academic performance. Parents/Guardians are
also expected to maintain a cordial and cooperative working
relationship with school personnel.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for timely
transportation to and from the transfer school.
- Parents/guardians will be notified via telephone
and/or e-mail prior to Spring Break.
- Charter schools and new schools are exempt from
- If the student transfers at the high school level,
he/she must meet Georgia High School Association
requirements to participate in competitive interscholastic
HERE for more information.
- Current fifth and eighth grade choice students applying to continue in the choice
school feeder pattern will be given first priority in the lottery process.
These students must re-apply when moving from elementary to
middle or middle to high but will be given priority in the
- Once those students are placed, siblings of current choice students applying to
attend the same school will be given next priority in the lottery process.
- The next lottery will give priority to new sibling groups applying to attend
the same school.
- The final lottery process will be to fill any remaining available seats.
- Students not chosen in the random lottery for their first choice school will be
placed on a waiting list based on the outcome of the lottery.
- Acceptance of a school choice transfer:
- Once a school choice transfer is approved, the parent/guardian must contact
the receiving school by May 1, 2017 in order to indicate whether the transfer offer
will be accepted.
- The parent/guardian must also submit a school choice transfer enrollment form
to the receiving school by May 26, 2017.
- Failure to complete either of the above steps will result in the school choice
transfer being nullified and forfeiting of the student’s seat.
- Once the school choice transfer has been accepted, the parent/guardian will need to contact the school regarding the enrollment process.
- Individual schools will use a waiting list generated during the lottery process to
fill any available seats that are vacated.
- Students chosen from the waiting list will be notified by the local school by July 14, 2017.