Welcome to King Springs ES
Scanlon, Teacher of the Year!
about class placements for next year
A big THANK-YOU goes to our GREAT
PTA for $8000 to
purchase books to support the new Common Core standards!
448 students earn a FREE book through the
Rocket Reader Program
Math Night - January 2013
Tuskegee Airmen inspire King Springs'
Listen to our Melody Makers...
they received a Superior rating at the Large Group Performance
Evaluation while singing Rick McKee's original composition,
"Giver of Life." He has posted it with visuals on YouTube:
Our 5th graders lead the county writing
Read the Press
Our mission at King Springs Elementary School is to establish
a strong foundation for the development of life-long learners
and productive citizens by providing a safe, nurturing
environment that meets the academic, physical, social and
emotional needs of each child.
- All students can learn if presented with challenges and
opportunities to succeed.
- Students should be provided with varied and current
resources for learning.
- Parents, students and teachers should work toward a
common goal to ensure the success of life-long learners.
- Everyone has the right to learn in a safe, nurturing
environment that meets the academic, emotional, physical and
social needs of each child.
- Learning is a developmental, student-centered process.
- Students should be educated in a manner that results in
well-informed critical thinkers and productive citizens in
- An environment that celebrates the joys of learning,
diversity and self- worth must be created and maintained.
- High expectations result in optimum teaching and
- Strong instructional leadership is attained through
shared responsibility and decision making.
|Add the CCSD Calendar to your personal Google Calendar by clicking on the "+" button above.