Counseling Phone Number: (770) 819-2524
Counseling FAX Number: (770) 819-2552
School Code Number (CEEB): 111925
Pebblebrook College Blog:
Pebblebrook students' last names determine who their school counselor will be.
Career/College Bound Links
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
You Must Complete this to receive financial aid from your college.
Available after January 1st of your senior year
Career Cruising is free for all Pebblebrook students!
Find careers, scholarships and colleges!
Username: pebblebrook & Password: falcons
Get your unique username from your counselor to save your progress.
Pebblebrook College & Career Center
Across from the Media Center
Open Before/After school
and during all lunch periods
Pebblebrook College Blog: www.pebblebrookcollege.weebly.com
Get Assistance with SAT/ACT Tests, College Admissions, Financial Aid and Career Planning
Contact Ms. Julynn Williams-Chandler with college questions:
Apply to colleges in Georgia, Check your HOPE Status, and get free practice for ACT & SAT.
One of the admissions tests for college
Free/reduced lunch students can get up to 2 fee waivers to take the ACT for free.
Great website for college and scholarship searches, SAT registration and much more!
One of the admissions tests for college. Free/reduced lunch students can get up to 2 fee waivers to take the ACT for free.
Complete the Individual Graduation Plan (General Plan)
Students will be responsible for completing their IGP on-line.
IGPs can be completed at home if your computer systems allows.
IGPs will be distributed to students in homeroom in May.
HERE to view IGP powerpoint.
2016-2017 SAT/ACT TEST DATES
PEBBLEBROOK HIGH SCHOOL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION- Summer 2015
PARENT LETTER from the Counseling Department:
Please note that there will be NO schedule changes for the Spring Semester of the 2015-2016 school year.
Beginning last school year, students were given several opportunities to request a schedule change. The ONLY
exceptions are listed below;
1) Student is assigned a class for which they already have a passing grade/credit
2) Student is assigned a class for which they did not meet the pre-requisite (enrolled in Spanish II before successfully completing Spanish I)
3) Student needs a class to graduate THIS YEAR and is AT LEAST in their 4th year of high school (class must fit into schedule).
The mission of the Pebblebrook High School Counseling Department is to
provide leadership through the implementation of a comprehensive,
developmental, and responsive counseling program. The program will promote
academic achievement, college/career exploration, and social/emotional
growth for all students. School counselors, as part of the Pebblebrook
learning community, help facilitate the support system so all students have
access to the tools, enabling them to become responsible and productive
Pebblebrook High School’s Counselors believe that:
- Every student is a unique individual who will be treated with dignity and respect
- Every student can learn and achieve through various modalities and at varying rates
- Every student will have access to a highly qualified professional school counselor who will identify, assess, and advocate for their educational and developmental needs
- All students are capable of becoming responsible and productive adults
- The responsibility for learning is a partnership among students, parents, school faculty, and community organizations.
HOW TO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR:
Students must schedule an appointment to see their counselor. Appointments
will be scheduled within 24 hours by one of the Counseling Office clerks.
Students will be given a pass to return for their appointment time. It is at
the teachers’ discretion to let them leave class. In cases of emergency,
students will be seen by an available counselor. Parents/Visitors should
call the Counseling Office to schedule an appointment at 770-819-2524.
Still figuring out your future? Can’t decide on a college major? Don’t know
what career to pursue? The ASVAB Test can help you answer many of these
questions. If you thought that the ASVAB was only for students interested
in the military, think again! The ASVAB is FREE and test administration
will be held here at Pebblebrook. Please contact the counseling office
for further information.
Fee Waiver Qualifications:
- student is enrolled in a free or reduced price lunch program
- student is enrolled in a program for economically disadvantage(for example, AVID, Upward Bound)
- annual income of the student's family fall within the levels provided online and in SAT Program fee-waiver materials
- student's family receives public assistance
- the student's family lives in federally subsidized public housing
- student is a resident in a foster home
If the student meets at least one of these criteria, then the parent must sign the Parent/Guardian Waiver For Sharing Information With
Other Programs form. This form is submitted to the cafeteria manager who then verifies the student status.
Pebblebrook H.S School Counseling Services
- Academic Planning
- Classroom Presentations
- Post High School
- College/Career Planning
- Personal Development Peer/Family Relationships
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Referrals to Outside Agencies