South Cobb High School HS

T.J. Perry, Principal

 U.S. Davidson, AP  | Elizabeth Hayden, AP  | Amanda Pittman, AP/AD   Corey Sanford, AP  | Nichole Stennis, AP | Renee Stephens AP                  Sean Strachan, AP  | Angela Hurley, Magnet Coordinator

1920 Clay Road
Austell, GA 30106

Student Enrollment/Withdrawals

New Student Enrollment

New student enrollment is by appointment only. Enrollment appointments will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 8:30 am-11:30 am. Please click here to schedule your registration appointment. Please see below for the documents you will need to provide for enrollment.
Please be advised that you will experience a delay in your enrollment process if proper documentation is not submitted at the time of enrollment, and you will have to re-schedule your enrollment appointment.
If you have any questions regarding the following information of your student’s situation, please contact Ms. Mauricio by phone at 770-819-2611 ext. 024 or by email at

Required Documents for Enrollment

The following is a brief summary of documentation needed by any parent/legal guardian (granted through the court system), or non-parent seeking to enroll a student in the Cobb County School District (District).
If the person enrolling the student is not the student’s parent/legal guardian, the school will require the enrolling person to fully complete Form JBC-14 (Kinship Caregiver Affidavit).
There are FIVE (5) main documents required of ALL students prior to being enrolled in the District. To help ensure that the enrollment process for your child goes as smoothly as possible, please refer to the following items:
  1. PROOF OF RESIDENCY: Residency as defined by the Georgia Board of Education rule 160-5-1-.28 shall mean the place where the student lives with a parent, guardian, or other person, (refer to Form JBC-14) unless the student is an emancipated minor. The student must be an occupant of a dwelling located within the school system boundaries. Proof of residence in the attendance zone in which the school is located shall be required when a student enrolls in a school and whenever a change of residence occurs, unless the student is homeless.
    Any Two items from the list below are required by the person(s) enrolling a child in the District.
    • home ownership documentation or current lease/rental agreement; and
    • current utility monthly statement (power, gas, or water within the last 30 days)

  2. PROOF OF BIRTH DATE: The school will accept evidence in the order set forth below that show the student’s date of birth. Refer to Section B of Rule JBC-R (Admissions/Withdrawals) for additional entrance age requirements.
    • Birth Certificate
    • Passport

  3. CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION: as required by Georgia Law 20-2-771
    Georgia Form 3231 for all kindergarten and seventh grade students, all students new to Georgia and students coming from any private school must have the form signed by a licensed health-care provider or the county health department. To be enrolled in the District, ALL certificates of immunization must be marked “Complete for Attendance” OR have a future expiration date. Expired certificates will not be accepted for enrollment.
    Recommended Immunization Schedule
    State of Georgia Immunization requirements
    7th Grade Immunization Requirements (In English)
    7th Grade Immunization Requirements (En Español)
    Form JGC-4 (Waiver of Immunization Requirements Due to Conflict of Religious Beliefs)
  4. CERTIFICATE OF VISION, HEARING, DENTAL, AND NUTRITIONAL SCREENING: as required by Georgia Law 20-2-770 (Georgia Form 3300) for all kindergarten and new first grade students, all students new to Georgia and any child enrolling from a private school dated within 12 months prior to the day of enrollment. However, if a student is enrolling from another Georgia public school, a completed 3300 Form will be accepted by any District school.
    Cobb & Douglas Public Health Centers
  5. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: According to Georgia Law 20-2-150d; An official copy of the student’s Social Security card/number is required for enrollment. However, no student may be denied enrollment for failing to provide his/her Social Security number. Any parent/legal guardian who objects to the incorporation of the Social Security number into the child’s school records may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement Form JBC-4 (Statement of Objection to the Use of Social Security Number for Student Identification). However, a Social Security Number will be required by the State for a student applying for the HOPE scholarship.

  7. A valid transcript and a withdrawal form from the student’s previous school is essential for appropriate academic placement. Any student who is enrolling in the District for the first time in grades seven or higher must provide a discipline record from the school previously attended in order to be granted full admission status.
  8. For those students enrolling in the Special Education Program: the parent/guardian may provide a copy of the student’s latest IEP.
  9. Custodial Documents: The District may request proof of custody in situations involving multiple adults claiming control of the same student.
A complete explanation of enrollment requirements and documentation may be found in District Administrative Rule JBC-R (Admissions/Withdrawals).

Additional Information

The School May Also:
  • request proof of custody or custody documentation; or
  • suggest that the adult with whom the student lives obtain legal guardianship.
  • request proof of age and name verification; and
  • other information the school deems necessary for proper placement.
Provide the names and phone numbers of persons who may pick up your child if you cannot be reached, and the name and phone number of your child's doctor.


To expedite enrollment and placement for transfer students:
  • Parents/guardians should complete Form JCB-5: “Student Enrollment Form” and bring it with them to the school at the time of enrollment.
  • Parents/guardians should bring progress reports, most recent report card, test information, and any information on special services your child may have received.


  • All student withdrawals are processed by Ms. Russell in the Records Office.
  • The person who enrolled the student MUST be the person who withdraws the student.
  • ID must be provided at the time of withdrawal.
  • Records will be released when the Records Clerk receives a request from the new school. All requests will be honored within 48 hours or 2 business days.
  • The fax number for the Records Clerk is 678-398-5218.