confusing world of Educational acronyms and definitions can be very
complicated. The Sprayberry Student, Family and Community Committee has
compiled a list of frequently used terms and provided resources to better
(American College Testing
Program) – College entrance test with max score of 36 (can be taken as many
times as needed)
– Rigorous course that prepare students for college course work & students
may receive college credit.
(Adequate Yearly Progress)
– Federal measurement to determine how a school is doing based on results of
standardized tests & attendance.
EOCT (End of Course Test)
– Includes Biology, US History, Economics, Math I, Math II, 9th
Lit., and American. Lit. State mandated test that counts for 15% of final
GHSGT (Georgia High School
Graduation Test) – Core subject
tests taken by juniors to graduate and help the school meet AYP (a student
can take as many times as needed)
(Individualized Education Plan)
– Individualized education plan for a student w/ identified disabilities
(Response to Intervention)
– The process for providing
interventions for students w/ academic or behavioral difficulties.
(Scholastic Aptitude Test)
– College entrance exam w/
maximum score of 2400 (a student may take as many times as want and can
combine best scores)
If you have other jargon you have questions about
please email us with your
question and we will add it to the list.
Click here for the Spanish Version of Jacket Jargon