This year, CHS is proud to claim two National Merit Scholarship semifinalists--Kayla Blosser and Catherine Papa. Kayla and Catherine will be moving on to the next round of the scholarship competition with results to be announced next spring.
Several CHS students have recently been recognized by the College Board National Recognition Program for their outstanding performance on the PSAT and AP examinations. This is a nationwide program that honors the academic achievements of underrepresented students.
National African American Recognition Award: Ameerah Akowa, Analice Bruce, Anam Jaw, Anaya Hilson, Caitlyn Hardaway, Coralie-anne Hilaire, Daren Brown, Dyani Ragland, Isabelle Wilkens, Jessica Obi, Jordyn Russell, Kaitlin Davis, Kayla Vallere, Kelenna Afulezi, Kennedy Young, Kian Brown, Lindsey Sanders, Marcellus English, Marissa Copeland, Marli English, Maya Moore, Misa Mims, Naya Hinson, Tori Ellis
National Hispanic Recognition Award: Amelie Drescher, Cristina Aybar, Harrison Leary, Hermelia Chadha, nsJimenez Potter, Isabelle Wilkens, Lauren Nunez, Mara Antunez, Marcos San Miguel, Nico Lamps, and Zara Khan
We want to remind our parents that Fall Break is a great week for students to catch up on ALL missing assignments while also spending time with family and friends. Parents/guardians are asked to check Parentvue to make sure that your student has completed and turned in all assignments.
There are two safety concerns in which we ask parents to assist us. The first is a reminder to please do not enter the Tiger Lot on Ward Street. Our students with disabilities buses enter there for drop off and pick up. Also, please remind students that we need all students to exit the building at 3:45 PM each day unless they are with a teacher for a club, activity or practice for a sporting event. No adults are on duty after 3:45 and it is unsafe for students to be in the building unsupervised. An announcement is made each day at 3:45 for students to leave the building.
Dr. Watkins, Principal
Fall Break- Week of September 26-30
Picture Retakes- Friday, October 7
Our counselors held College Information Night on Thursday, September 22, from 6-8 PM. The power point slides have been posted to the Campbell High School Counseling Department website. https://www.campbellhscounseling.com/ We will be posting the PowerPoint slides from the College Information Night here in English and Spanish when they have been translated to Spanish.
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test ASVAB will be given on Thursday, November 3, in room 306 (computer lab). ASVAB is phasing out their paper/pencil version and will be administering a computer-based version of the test. For that reason, we have limited space to the first 30 students to sign up, juniors or seniors only. The sign up is in flyer below. Please let Jana.Loftin@cobbk12.org know if you have any questions.
Please check out the flyer for the Chattahoochee Tech College Academy!
Attention 11th graders; Counselors will be conducting Junior Jumpstart sessions October 4th – October 7th. Passes will be sent to the students on the date they will be attending the session. The pass will indicate the date, block #, and room # to report to. The following topics will be presented:
Graduation Requirements, Post-graduation plans, College admissions requirements vs. HS graduation requirements, SAT/ACT/ACCUPLACER/ ASVAB, College admissions process, Financial aid & scholarship resources, and Dual Enrollment information, State Workforce Development Initiatives, Community Service, and Junior Advisement.
Attention 11th grade parents/students: Campbell High School Counselors will begin individualized Junior Advisement conferences the week of October 18th. The deadline to sign up for an appointment for a preferred date/time is Friday October 7th. This is an opportunity to meet with your student’s counselor in person or virtually. We look forward to meeting with you and your student. Please see the following links to make an appointment with your students’ counselor:
Mr. Andra Cole - Students Last Name: A-Dan
Mrs. Tameka Burke Collins - Students Last Name: Dar-Ga
Dr. Tina Amand - Students Last Name: Ge-Man
Junior Advisement: Junior Advisement Sessions (signupgenius.com)
Yolanda Wright – Students Last Name: Mar-Rom
Mrs. Rotarsha Jackson - Students Last Name: Roo-Z
Mr. Radecki – ESOL, AVID, STEM students
*Dual Enrollment Students: Mrs. Loftin will be contacting you about Junior Advisement.
Georgia Gwinnett College is offering students an opportunity to apply for Free. See the flyer below.
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams:
Registration/payment for AP Testing begins September 6. If your student is enrolled in an AP Class for fall semester, he/she will be receiving information this week from their teachers regarding registration and payment for exams. Fall semester and year-long classes will have until November 13 to register for their exams. If you are taking AP classes in the spring, you will register and pay for those classes next semester. AP testing will take place in May..
ALL Senior Herff Jones Orders are due on November 18, 2022 through atlgrad.com. Please see flyer for details.
Announcements and Shout outs
- Football Parent Meeting- There will be a meeting of ALL parents of football players- 9th grade, JV and Varsity on Wednesday, October 12 from 6-7 PM in the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
- Public Safety Appreciation Week is the week of October 3-9. Please help us show Officers Ronald Cross and Garry Smith how much we appreciate them keeping us safe at school each day. A note of thanks, email or just saying thank you goes a long way to show appreciation.
- Laptops needed daily- We ask that students bring their laptops fully charged each day so that they are ready to use for each block of instruction.
- Below is the information that has been shared with all parents via CTLS Parent, posted on your school’s website, and shared with Principals regarding Community Review for 4th Year and AP Mathematics.
- Community review for 4th Year and AP Mathematics instructional resources begins Monday, September 26 and will run through Friday, October 7, 2022.
- Community members wishing to review print copies of available resources may do so at the Brown Professional Learning Center Cafeteria located at 3265 Brown Road, Smyrna 30080, from 8:00am to 4:00pm Mondays through Fridays. Resources for the following courses are available for Community Review: • Pre-Calculus, • Statistical Reasoning, • College Readiness Math, • Multivariable Calculus, • AP Calculus, • AP Statistics. If you have any questions, please contact Candice Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Kelly, email@example.com.
- Don't Miss OUT. Buy your yearbook today!
- Stay involved with your child’s learning and activities at school.