Parents/Guardians, Students, and Staff,
We are fast approaching the end of another grading period. Teachers are required to have their grades posted for the second 6-weeks grading period by Monday, October 31. Please check Parentvue and have your student check their Studentvue accounts to make sure that their grades are comparable to their ability and efforts in each of their four classes. There is also time to talk to the teacher. Also, please note that the End of Course Tests for several subjects and End of Pathway Assessments for Elective classes are coming up in November and December. Thanksgiving is around the corner. Please look at the information and flyers to give and receive assistance.
The Varsity Softball Team wants to thank everyone who supported them on their journey to the state tournament. The team finished their season with 18 wins and 15 losses. The team finished the regular season as a second seed, the highest ever. The young ladies defeated Richmond Hill 7-6 on Friday winning the school's first Fastpitch State Tournament Game.
Turner Chapel AME College Fair. Turner Chapel AME Church will host their annual College Fair on November 5th from 11am to 3pm.
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test ASVAB will be given on Thursday, November 3, in room 306 (computer lab). ASVAB is phasing out their paper/pencil version and will be administering a computer-based version of the test. For that reason, we have limited space to the first 30 students to sign up, juniors or seniors only. . Please let Jana.Loftin@cobbk12.org know if you have any questions.
Naviance is a delivery system and college/career search engine, but it also how we communicate with students, parents, and guardians, throughout the year. Specifically, your college application process begins with Naviance. Every college you apply to needs to be added to your Naviance account as well. Naviance is also where juniors & seniors use to sign up for college visits, because it’s connected to the system that connects us with college admissions staff (through a system called “RepVisits”).
Junior Advisement. Here are the fall junior advisement dates: October 20-28; November 7th, November 9-11. Parents will be signing in throughout the day to come to their scheduled appointments. *Dual Enrollment Students: Mrs. Loftin will be contacting you about Junior Advisement.
The dates and times for the SAT/ACT have been posted. Both tests are college entrance exams and all students are encouraged to register and take both or either of these tests.
Campbell IB News
- Campbell IB seniors have been working diligently on submitting early action college applications, with over 100 students submitting to UGA and GaTech combined. Mr. Jones has uploaded ALL transcripts and teachers are finalizing recommendation letters. If you have questions, please have your student see Mr. Jones or their teacher.
- Attention Campbell IB Seniors: you received a video link through Remind on how to register for IB exams. The deadline for seniors to register for ALL IB exams is Thursday, October 27th.
- Rising 8th grade families: The CCSD Magnet Portal is now open for 8th grades to apply. If you do not have an 8th grader, but know one who is interested in the Campbell IB Diploma Program, please send them to our website or have them reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. https://campbellib.membershiptoolkit.com/home
- We are honored to recognize Marcos San Miguel (Campbell IB senior and varsity basketball player) for his continued efforts in raising over $33,000 to assist his friend Jordan Sloan's recovery from a tragic sports injury. See his feature in People magazine (on stands now!) or here: https://people.com/sports/teen-fights-to-walk-again-after-football-injury-support-from-best-friend/
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams: Registration/payment for AP Testing begins September 6. If your student is enrolled in an AP Class for fall semester, he/she will be receiving information this week from their teachers regarding registration and payment for exams. Fall semester and year-long classes will have until November 13 to register for their exams. If you are taking AP classes in the spring, you will register and pay for those classes next semester. AP testing will take place in May.
- ALL Senior Herff Jones Orders are due on November 18, 2022 through atlgrad.com. Please read the flyers below and the attachments about the senior trip. A virtual meeting was held last week. The information is the in the attachments.
- Our JV cheerleading squad received 2nd and Varsity cheerleading squad received 1st place at their cheer competition this weekend. Varsity's score improved from 74 to 86.
- We want to celebrate our Debate Team who competed this weekend. In the Novice Speaker Division- Krishna Anand placed 2nd and Jacob Podolski placed 3rd. They came in 1st place in the Novice Team Division. In the JV Speaker Division - Molly Ziskind placed 2nd, Abigail Streger placed 4th, and Mara Atunez placed 9th. Molly Ziskind and Mara Atunez placed 3rd in the JV Team Division. Campbell received the AUDL Sweepstakes Award for the most winning team members!!!!!!!!!!!
- The annual international festival is designed for our students to display their culture or heritage in celebration of our diverse population. So, if you can dance, sing or play an instrument, please come after school on 11/2 to audition. Teacher sponsors are required. Please get your sponsor form from room 910 or room 607.
- Thank you to NHS for cleaning up and laying pine straw in the 3000-courtyard last weekend.
- Congratulations to the 19 CHS students who were selected to advance to the county-level round of academic interviews for the Governor's Honors Program. These countywide interviews will be held right here at Campbell High School on November 3rd