Parents/Guardians, Students, and Staff,
We are quickly approaching the end of this semester and the Winter Break. We have successfully completed three days of the End of Course Test for American Literature. The End of Course Tests for US History, Biology, and Algebra I will be given this week. Please make sure that your student comes to school each day and on time. A reminder that twenty-percent of students' grades will reflect the score received on the EOC. All students will be taking final exams the last few days of the semester and the information is below. Students will also be released early at 11:30 AM on Thursday, December 15, and Friday, December 16. If your student needs help to finish this semester well, make sure that they attend Power Surge for math and social studies classes on Saturday, December 10th from 9am until noon. Students need to bring their laptop and work to complete/make up. Please enter the building by the main office.
2022-2023 Fall Semester Final Exam Procedures:
- All Final Exams will be Face to Face
- No Final Exam Exemptions per Cobb County School District
- Final Exams will count 10% - Ref. CCSD Administrative Rule IHAA-R Final Examinations
- Exams will not be given early
- Every class is required to take a Final Exam
- Courses with an EOC test will have an assessment (unit test, project, etc.) at the scheduled time on the final exam day.
- Currently, the District has not set any graduation dates yet.
- Order online at https://atlgrad.com/ The deadline was November 18. Order now to take advantage of an $80 deposit (Orders have to be paid in full by 1/31/23).
- There will be a Senior Meeting on Wednesday, December 7, at 10 AM in the PAC.
- Parking Information-Seniors who have applied for the Spring Semester will be allowed to enter a lottery for their parking lot preference. Information and links will be sent to the e-mail provided during the parking application upload. Student parking will be available in the Belmont, PAC and Ward lots (with no individually assigned spaces). Lottery winners will be notified of their awarded lot and the day to pick up their decal. If the student cannot make the original pick up date, there will be other opportunities when we return in January. Ward lot decal distribution will be Wednesday, January 4th. Details will be posted on the CHS parking page, keep checking for updates. If you missed the original application window, there will be a second opportunity to apply if spaces remain available.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students should leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved with a club or sport and is under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day.
- Campbell's Counseling Department is sponsoring an HBCU panel discussion for interested Juniors and Seniors on Monday, December 12 at 10:00 AM. Come and hear from former Campbell graduates who are now attending Spelman, Morehouse and Clark Atlanta Universities. The flyer with the QR code to sign up is below.
- Naviance is a delivery system and college/career search engine, but it also how we communicate with students, parents, and guardians, throughout the year. Specifically, • Your college application process begins with Naviance. Every college you apply to needs to be added to your Naviance account as well. • Naviance is also where juniors & seniors use to sign up for college visits, because it’s connected to the system that connects us with college admissions staff (through a system called “RepVisits”).
Campbell IB News
- We are happy to announce that 17 Campbell IB seniors were admitted to the University of Georgia Morehead Honors College on November 18! The Honors College provides small course sections, support for undergraduate research for all UGA students, and student service to the campus and community.
- We are excited to announce that roughly 500 8th graders submitted applications to Campbell's IB Diploma Magnet Program. Acceptances for the class of 2027 will be announced in February.
- Rising senior advisement concludes this week, so if you have not signed up, please use the link sent in Remind.
- We want to highlight the work of our students working with the CHS Water Project. If contribute to open a sanitized water source. Check it out here: https://thewaterproject.org/community/projects/kenya/spring-protection-wash-project-22087
Announcements and Shout outs
- We want to congratulate our Debate Team and their advisors Ms. Cook and Mr. Franco for the following Debate Tournament results: Campbell received the Atlanta Urban Debate League's Community Award. This is the highest honor awarded by the AUDL. Abigail Streiger received a speaker award in the JV Division. She competed on her own in every round. Krishna Anand and Jacob Podolski received top team honors in the Novice Division and along with Gabriel Podolski, received top speaker awards in that division.
- Congratulation to our Future Farmers of America Chapter and Ms. Owens, their teacher, for being awarded a check for $1,500 from the Cobb County Farm Bureau Board of Directors.
- Great job to our softball team and Coach Kimball for working this weekend to put together 585 hygiene kits for the homeless.
- Winter Holiday Band Concert - a celebration of the season presented by the three Campbell High School concert bands on Thursday, December 8 at 7 PM.
- Campbell Theatre presents a great night of high-energy performances. Come see Campbell students perform choreographed songs that will make you want to sing and dance along. Vote for your favorites to win the battle! Friday, December 9 at 7:00 PM in the Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Teachers and Staff: Bring your badge for a free ticket! Get your tickets early! Online ticket sales close at 12 noon on the day of the show ($7 tickets will be available for purchase at the door).
- Hoopcoming is Coming Soon! Hoopcoming Dance Ticket Sales in MyPaymentsPlus; only 1000 tickets will be sold.
- Don't Miss OUT. Buy your yearbook today!