We were able to host two very successful parent meetings last week. We will be scheduling three meetings during the month of February- one for our Spanish speaking parents, one for all parents, and one for all parents of students who are seniors and will graduation in May.
During the meetings held last week, some safety concerns were discussed. We ask, for the safety of our students, that parents please display patience and driving courtesy when dropping off your student in the morning and when picking them up in the afternoon. Please be reminded that the Tiger Lot and bus port are for staff and buses only during school hours. Our officers have expressed that they will have to start issuing tickets if this practice continues.
Below are the PowerPoint Presentations that were shared with students during the assemblies last week. Please review this information with your student.
We look forward to welcoming all of our parents and students to Open House this Thursday starting at 6:00 PM. We will begin in our Performing Arts Center.
Parents who are concerned about their student's absences may monitor them on Parentvue. Please contact Edward.Shaner@cobbk12.org if you have questions about your student's tardies to class.
We need parents/guardians to complete the survey for our proposed Campbell Core Values. Please click the link below to complete it. https://tinyurl.com/CHScoresurvey. There is also a flyer for it below.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students are expected to leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved in a club or sport. All students must be under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day in order to remain in the building.
Counselors' Corner / Senior News
- Apply to College Week is this week! CHS Apply to College Week January 23 - 27 (cobbk12.org)
- CLASS OF 2023!!! We want to begin recognizing our seniors for their hard work as they complete their senior year and begin to make post-secondary plans. We want to recognize your accomplishments! What to Submit: Acceptance Letters to Colleges, Trade Schools, Apprenticeships, Programs, and Military Enlistments, Scholarships. Ways to Submit: 1. Upload to https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/ You must be logged into your Office365 account. 2. Take your letters to the Counseling Office. Dr. Watkins will spotlight seniors in her weekly newsletter and the counselors will recognize them on our Senior Recognition Wall, near the Counseling Office. Please UPLOAD a copy of your acceptance/award letters using the link below or DROP THEM OFF in the Counseling Office. You must be logged into your Office365 account to upload your letters. You can submit as many letters as you want; even if you are not planning to attend. It will be fun to see where everyone applied. https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/
- Our CHS graduation ceremonies have been scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 PM at the KSU Convocation Center. Upcoming meetings are being planned to be held with parents of seniors.
Campbell Academic Accolades News (new section)
We want to start highlighting our Campbell students, who are not a part of our IB program, in this section of our weekly newsletter. Please send a brief description of the award or recognition received and a picture of the student to one of the following persons- Lisa.MooreSparks@cobbk12.org, Amanda.Connell@cobbk12.org, or James.Crawley@cobbk12.org. A link will soon be provided with more detailed information.
Campbell IB News
- Academic Advisement - Save the date! We will send out the Sign-up Genius via Remind two weeks in advance, but you can save the dates now! Class of 2026 (rising 10th) - 1/23-2/21; Class of 2025 (rising 11th) - 3/7-3/15.
- IB Parents: If you have not signed up with the IB Booster Club, you could be missing out on important information from their newsletter. Please sign up on https://campbellib.membershiptoolkit.com/
Announcements and Shoutouts
- We had 33 (30 swimmers & 3 Divers) athletes participate in the County Championship this weekend, and 39 more participate in the JV Championship meet. Our Ladies' and Men's teams both placed 7th out of the (about) 20 schools. We have about 20 athletes heading to the State Meet Jan 31-Feb1.
- Come out and support our CHS boys' lacrosse team for their fundraiser at Willy's Mexicana Grill on Thursday, January 26.
- Junior/Senior Prom is coming- Saturday, March 18 from 7-11 PM at the Cobb Energy Center. More information to come about ticket sales.
- Campbell Open House (cobbk12.org)