Week of February 27
We hope that all of our students, staff, and parents/guardians had a restful Winter Break. Please remember to check your students' grades on Parentvue and ask your student to check their grades on Studentvue. Please begin to communicate with the teacher now before we get to the end of the semester if you have any concerns. Teachers can be contacted via email by using firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please include your student's counselor if you need assistance.
Parents/Guardians, we need your assistance. We are having some serious concerns with students vaping at school, especially in the restrooms. We have had a few incidents this year where students had to be taken to the hospital due to vaping with THC oil. THC is the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis and one of at least 113 total cannabinoids identified on the plant. This is very serious and is causing health concerns for our students. Please, please talk to your student about this as well as the serious consequences for their immediate health and the school and law enforcement consequences.
If your student needs support or assistance, please ensure that they attend our tutoring sessions called Power Surge. The flyer for Power Surge with all of the future dates and subjects are in the attachment below. Contact Dr. Eaton for more information email@example.com.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students are expected to leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved in a club or sport. All students must be under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day in order to remain in the building.
- Please see the College and Career flyer below- The fair will be held on Friday, March 10.
- There is also a flyer about registration for AP Testing.
- Please use this newsletter link for the Counseling Corner. https://www.smore.com/7pzsw/
- College Tour in April - Please open the flyer below to register for the college tour being sponsored in our community.
- Summer School will be held at Campbell. More information to follow when it is received. Free Tuition; Registration dates May 1, 2023-May 24, 2023. They are thinking about having an early registration for those students that have failed a class in the fall and know that they need summer school already. They will let us know when – maybe March. Registration will be in ParentVue; 10 days June 13-15; June 20-22; and June 26-29; Time: 9-3; Parent and Student Orientation will be June 12; Transportation available from districted high school to summer school site; 2 sites: Hillgrove and Campbell; Laptops needed; Free breakfast and lunch provided; Maximum 1.0 course credit allowed or two .5 course credits; Blended Learning Model (Edmentum/direct instruction); Ombudsman has its own summer school so they will serve students that are assigned there.
Celebrating the CLASS OF 2023!!!
Recognitions could include things like scholarships, special recognitions, and acceptance to colleges, apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military, and the world of work. Dr. Watkins will spotlight seniors in her weekly newsletter and the counselors will recognize them on our Senior Recognition Wall, near the Counseling Office. Please UPLOAD a copy of your acceptance/award letters using the link below or DROP THEM OFF in the Counseling Office. You must be logged into your Office365 account to upload your letters. You can submit as many letters as you want, even if you are not planning to attend. It will be fun to see where everyone applied. https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/
- A meeting for parents/guardians of ALL seniors graduating in May will be held on Tuesday, February 28, at 8:30 AM in the Media Center. A link will be sent. Our administrators and senior teacher advisors will be present to answer questions about graduation and the senior trip.
- Our CHS graduation ceremonies have been scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 PM at the KSU Convocation Center. Upcoming meetings are being planned to be held with parents of seniors.
Campbell Academic Accolades News
We want to start highlighting our Campbell students, who are not a part of our Campbell IB program, in this section of our weekly newsletter. Please send a brief description of the award or recognition received and a picture of the student to one of the following persons- Lisa.MooreSparks@cobbk12.org, Amanda.Connell@cobbk12.org, or James.Crawley@cobbk12.org. A link will soon be provided with more detailed information.
Campbell IB News
- All grade levels: If your student faces academic challenges this semester, please have them reach out to their teachers about where to find extra resources (posted on their CTLS) as well as attend tutoring sessions (sent via Remind). Students should come to tutoring on time and prepared with specific questions for the teacher.
- Sophomore Parents: Thank you for signing up for advisement beginning 3/7-3/15. Sign-up was sent out before break. We will send a video explaining the IB Courses, Please watch with your student prior to advisement.
- All IB Parents: The Silent Auction is now open. Check it out online. Link posted on FB and IG.
- IB Parents: If you have not bought tickets to the IBBC Annual Fundraiser, here is the link: https://campbellib.membershiptoolkit.com/calendar/event/19958221/
- Campbell High School IB Booster Club - Casino Night
Announcements and Shoutouts
- Congratulations to Coach Gwyn for his 550th win and to our Varsity boys basketball team!
- Special thanks to our teachers who supported the soccer teacher's night before the break.
- Several of our varsity girls basketball players were honored at the regional championship before the break.
- Junior/Senior Prom is coming - Saturday, March 18 from 7-11pm at Cobb Energy Center. More information to come about ticket sales.