Week of March 6
We are excited to announce that Campbell has been named an Advanced Placement STEM and STEM Achievement School by the College Board and the GA Department of Education. The explanation for the two distinctions may be found in the following link- All 16 of Cobb’s Traditional High Schools Named 2023 AP Honor Schools.
Parents/Guardians, we need your assistance. We are having some serious concerns with students vaping at school, especially in the restrooms. Please, please talk to your student about this as well as the serious consequences for their immediate health and the school and law enforcement consequences.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students are expected to leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved in a club or sport. All students must be under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day in order to remain in the building.
- CHS is hosting a College and Career Fair this Friday, March 10th and we need some volunteers to help it run smoothly. Please see the link below if you are able to assist. The flyer is attached. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4BA9A629A5FDC52-college
- Please use this newsletter link for the Counseling Corner. https://www.smore.com/7pzsw
- Summer School will be held at Campbell. More information to follow when it is received.
- Free Tuition
- Registration dates May 1, 2023-May 24, 2023. They are thinking about having an early registration for those students that have failed a class in the fall and know that they need summer school already. They will let us know when – maybe March.
- Registration will be in ParentVue
- 10 days June 13-15; June 20-22; and June 26-29
- Time: 9-3
- Parent and Student Orientation will be June 12
- Transportation available from districted high school to summer school site
- 2 sites: Hillgrove and Campbell
- Laptops needed
- Free breakfast and lunch provided
- Maximum 1.0 course credit allowed or two .5 course credits
- Blended Learning Model (Edmentum/direct instruction)
- Ombudsman has its own summer school so they will serve students that are assigned there.
Celebrating the CLASS OF 2023!!!
Recognitions could include things like scholarships, special recognitions, and acceptance to colleges, apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military, and the world of work. Dr. Watkins will spotlight seniors in her weekly newsletter and the counselors will recognize them on our Senior Recognition Wall, near the Counseling Office. Please UPLOAD a copy of your acceptance/award letters using the link below or DROP THEM OFF in the Counseling Office. You must be logged into your Office365 account to upload your letters. You can submit as many letters as you want, even if you are not planning to attend. It will be fun to see where everyone applied. https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/
- Senior Parent/Guardian Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 21 at 6 PM in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Parents should plan to park near the PAC which is located on Fleming Street. Please look for graduation ticket information below in the attachments in both English and Spanish. The portal to request tickets will open on March 6 and will close on March 24.
- Senior Week- Week of March 13-17.
- Our CHS graduation ceremonies have been scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 PM at the KSU Convocation Center.
Campbell Academic Accolades News
We want to start highlighting our Campbell students, who are not a part of our Campbell IB program, in this section of our weekly newsletter. Please send a brief description of the award or recognition received and a picture of the student to one of the following persons- Lisa.MooreSparks@cobbk12.org, Amanda.Connell@cobbk12.org, or James.Crawley@cobbk12.org. A link will soon be provided with more detailed information.
Campbell IB News
- All grade levels: If your student faces academic challenges this semester, please have them reach out to their teachers about where to find extra resources (posted on their CTLS) as well as attend tutoring sessions (sent via Remind). Students should come to tutoring on time and prepared with specific questions for the teacher.
- Sophomore Parents: Thank you for signing up for advisement beginning 3/7-3/15. Sign-up was sent out before break. We will send a video explaining the IB Courses, Please watch with your student prior to advisement.
Announcements and Shoutouts
- We are so proud of our Habitat for Humanity Club. We donated $20,000 and started our build with Pope, Walton, and Hillgrove this weekend. The house is being built for a Birney Elementary employee! Junior/Senior Prom is coming- Saturday, March 18 from 7-11 PM at the Cobb Energy Center. More information to come about ticket sales. Please see the flyers below. A new flyer was just added below.
- Junior/Senior Prom is coming- Saturday, March 18 from 7-11 PM at the Cobb Energy Center. More information to come about ticket sales. Please see the flyers attached.