Week of March 13
We are excited about our upcoming Prom for our juniors and seniors on Saturday, March 18. The names of the students on the Prom Court are below along with detailed information about Prom. Please note that Wednesday, March 15, is the last day to purchase prom tickets, and that parking is an additional $10 at the venue. All signed guest forms and guest verification emails must be turned in no later than 4pm on March 14, 2023. All forms and emails go to Mrs. Foster; please follow the directions on the guest form!
Power Surge (tutoring) for Math and Social Studies classes will be held on Saturday, March 18th from 9am until noon. Students are asked to bring their assignments that need to be completed or arrange with your teacher to make up missed assessments. Please bring your laptop and enter the building by the main office.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students are expected to leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved in a club or sport. All students must be under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day in order to remain in the building.
- For students who attended the March 10th College & Career Fair, answer a few questions and be entered to win a gift card to Chick-fil-A; Starbucks; or Target. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=-x3OL5-ROEmquMR_D8kYLcRlVfShEu9Lq3_GXv_ZCFZUODdRVDlKRlE1S0pXTlhRQ0lCMjFEWjM3Ry4u/
- Counseling Newsletter
- Summer School will be held at Campbell. More information to follow when it is received.
- Free Tuition
- Registration dates May 1, 2023-May 24, 2023. They are thinking about having an early registration for those students that have failed a class in the fall and know that they need summer school already.
- Registration will be in ParentVue 10 days June 13-15; June 20-22; and June 26-29; Time: 9-3
- Parent and Student Orientation will be June 12
- Transportation available from districted high school to summer school site
2 sites: Hillgrove and Campbell
- Laptops needed
- Free breakfast and lunch provided
- Maximum 1.0 course credit allowed or two .5 course credits
- Blended Learning Model (Edmentum/direct instruction)
- Ombudsman has its own summer school so they will serve students that are assigned there.
Celebrating the CLASS OF 2023!!!
- Kyla Beddingfield: Accepted to South Carolina State University; Norfolk State University; Tennessee State University
- Nia Moon: Accepted to Prairie View A&M University; Spellman College; North Carolina A&T; Savannah State University; Louisiana State University; awarded an out-of-state Competitive Admissions Scholarship from the University of Alabama in the amount of $15,000/year over 4 years
- Christian Parker: Accepted to Alabama A&M University; Clark Atlanta University
- Michael Holmes: Accepted to Georgia State University (Perimeter College)
Recognitions could include things like scholarships, special recognitions, and acceptance to colleges, apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military, and the world of work. Dr. Watkins will spotlight seniors in her weekly newsletter and the counselors will recognize them on our Senior Recognition Wall, near the Counseling Office. Please UPLOAD a copy of your acceptance/award letters using the link below or DROP THEM OFF in the Counseling Office. You must be logged into your Office365 account to upload your letters. You can submit as many letters as you want, even if you are not planning to attend. It will be fun to see where everyone applied. https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/
- Our CHS graduation ceremonies have been scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 PM at the KSU Convocation Center.
- Senior Parent/Guardian Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 21 at 6 PM in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Parents should plan to park near the PAC which is located on Fleming Street. Please look for graduation ticket information below in the attachments in both English and Spanish. The directions for how to request graduation tickets is located on the school website. It will close on March 24.
- Senior Week- Week of March 13-17. Parent volunteers are needed to help with the week of activities. If you are able to assist, please contact the email@example.com.
- Senior Yard Signs now available for purchase through the PTSA. IB toppers are also available. Order by March 31 at this link: https://northwest-ink.printavo.com/merch/campbell-class-of-2023 Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Campbell Academic Accolades News
- We want to congratulate three of our students who will be honored at the Mayor's Educational Banquet in April for their outstanding leadership, character and service to Campbell High School- Rogelio Romero- JROTC, Komang Ardani- Band, Peyton Bedgood- Student Government Association.
- We would like to acknowledge all that our amazing students do in the classroom, on the athletic field, in their extracurricular activities and in the community. We welcome you to use this form to submit those accomplishments. The link and the QR code are below. There is also a flyer below entitled Student Achievement Flyer. Link to form: https://forms.office.com/r/e4cUZpKnUa/
Campbel IB News
- Congratulations to CHS IB freshman Elena Valencia, whose short story "The Marvelous Makings of Mr. Foxx" won first place in the Cobb County Writing Fair in the ninth-grade division.
- Thank you to all of the teachers, parents, and students who came out to our IB Open House last weekend and the community events this weekend to promote the IB program among prospective families.
- Remind your student, siblings, and friends that any student accepted to a magnet program must go into the portal and select the program by Wednesday, March 15th at 11:59 PM to secure a spot next year.
- Sophomore parents: This is the last week of rising junior advisement. Don't forget to watch the video prior to advisement.
- Junior Parents: If you are interested in helping with the IB Medal Ceremony on May 20th, please reach out to one of the board members through membership toolkit.
- Senior parents: There are roughly 15 remaining days in each class left to prepare student for their IB Exams in May, so student attendance and class participation is crucial. We also know this is a rough month with final IA deadline and college and scholarship decisions rolling in. Please have students reach out to teachers or staff if we can support them in any way. The finish line is in sight!
Announcements and Shoutouts
- Congratulations to Brooke Suttle for being named on the Allstar girls basketball team by the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association.
- Congratulations to our Prom Court Winners:
- Junior Court- Luke Marble, Sohan Patel, William Blosser, Kennedy Jackson, Remmy Baisden, and Morgan Stamper.
- Senior Court- Riley Davis, Roman Jones, Darius Mullen, Peyton Bedgood, Sophie Wilson, and Lailah Stewart
- Both the Boys and Girls Varsity Tennis Teams won their brackets at the Warrior Invitational Tennis Tournament this past weekend. The boys defeated Wheeler and North Paulding on their way to victory. The Girls Tennis team had wins over North Paulding and county rivals Harrison and Allatoona.
- Join the CHS Boys’ Lacrosse Team for a Spirit Night Fundraiser at Your Pie - Smyrna, Thursday, March 23, 5pm - 9pmThe CHS community is invited to a Spirit Night Fundraiser at Your Pie - Smyrna, 2440 Atlanta Road, Suite 100, on Thursday, March 23, to support the CHS boys' lacrosse team. 15% of receipts from meals purchased at Your Pie between 5pm - 9pm on March 23 will be donated to CHS boys' lacrosse. Get take-out and come watch the CHS boys’ lacrosse home game at 6pm! Or, dine-in at Your Pie before or after the game. We hope to see you there and thank for your support!
- Junior/Senior Prom is coming- Saturday, March 18 from 7-11 PM at the Cobb Energy Center. The final day to purchase tickets is Wednesday, March 15.