Week of March 20
We want to remind our senior parents that this Thursday, March 24, is the deadline to request graduation tickets. The steps to request tickets is below and is completed via your student's Studentvue account. Students who do not request tickets will receive two tickets. We will also assist parents during our March 21 meeting for all parents of seniors at 6 PM in our Performing Arts Center.
The deadline for students to BEGIN a course in after school credit recovery is March 30th. That leaves 7 weeks to complete the course.
For the safety of all students, we want to remind parents and students that all students are expected to leave the building each day no later than by 4 PM unless the student has tutoring or is involved in a club or sport. All students must be under the supervision of a teacher after 4 PM each day in order to remain in the building.
- To our parents who were unable to attend our Dual Enrollment Parent Meetings last week with Chattahoochee Tech. Below is some follow up information regarding Dual Enrollment. There is an OPEN HOUSE on Thursday March 23rd from 6-7:30pm (See attached flyer for more information.) This is a great opportunity for both general admissions and Dual Enrollment Students.
- Also, here are some helpful links you can share with parents and students:
- Our Main Dual Enrollment Page with more info about the program: https://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/dual-enrollment/ Our Admissions Page with the steps to apply: https://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/dual-enrollment-admission-steps/
- The GA Futures Website with more information about the program: https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/scholarships-grants/dual-enrollment/*(This is where the Student Participation Agreement can be found. It is also linked on our DE Admissions Page.)
- Please, let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any additional email@example.com
- Campbell is offering two Dual Enrollment info sessions for students on Tuesday 3/21 during 2nd block OR Thursday 3/23 during 4th block in the Career Center across from the counseling office. Sessions are identical so students do not need to sign up for both. Students can scan the QR code found on the attached flyer in order to register. If students have any questions, please contact Jana.Loftin@cobbk12.org
- Below is the link for the Counseling Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/m259w/
- Summer School Information will be held at Campbell. More information to follow when it is received.
- Free Tuition
- Registration dates May 1, 2023-May 24, 2023. They are thinking about having an early registration for those students that have failed a class in the fall and know that they need summer school already. They will let us know when – maybe March
- Registration will be in ParentVue
- 10 days June 13-15; June 20-22; and June 26-29
- Time: 9-3
- Parent and Student Orientation will be June 12
- Transportation available from districted high school to summer school site
- 2 sites: Hillgrove and Campbell
- Laptops needed
- Free breakfast and lunch provided
- Maximum 1.0 course credit allowed or two .5 course credits
- Blended Learning Model (Edmentum/direct instruction)
- Ombudsman has its own summer school so they will serve students that are assigned there.
Celebrating the CLASS OF 2023!!!
Recognitions could include things like scholarships, special recognitions, and acceptance to colleges, apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military, and the world of work. Dr. Watkins will spotlight seniors in her weekly newsletter and the counselors will recognize them on our Senior Recognition Wall, near the Counseling Office. Please UPLOAD a copy of your acceptance/award letters using the link below or DROP THEM OFF in the Counseling Office. You must be logged into your Office365 account to upload your letters. You can submit as many letters as you want, even if you are not planning to attend. It will be fun to see where everyone applied. https://bit.ly/seniorspotlight23/
Campbell Academic Accolades News
Congratulations to Hamza Jaafar for winning the Georga Student Technology Competition (GaSTC) in 3D modeling.
We would like to acknowledge all that our amazing students do in the classroom, on the athletic field, in their extracurricular activities and in the community. We welcome you to use this form to submit those accomplishments. Link to form: https://forms.office.com/r/e4cUZpKnUa/
- Our CHS graduation ceremonies have been scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 PM at the KSU Convocation Center.
- Senior Parent/Guardian Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 21 at 6 PM in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Parents should plan to park near the PAC which is located on Fleming Street. Please look for graduation ticket information below in the attachments in both English and Spanish. The directions for how to request graduation tickets is also below and opened on March 6. It will close on March 24.
- Senior Yard Signs now available for purchase through the PTSA. IB toppers are also available. Order by March 31 at this link: https://northwest-ink.printavo.com/merch/campbell-class-of-2023 Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Campbell IB News
- Junior Parents: If you are interested in helping with the IB Medal Ceremony on May 20th, please reach out to one of the board members through membership toolkit.
- Senior parents: There are roughly 15 remaining days in each class left to prepare student for their IB Exams in May, so student attendance and class participation is crucial. We also know this is a rough month with final IA deadline and college and scholarship decisions rolling in. Please have students reach out to teachers or staff if we can support them in any way. The finish line is in sight!
Announcements and Shoutouts
- Campbell Boys Tennis Team defeated Harrison 5-0, improving to 6-1 over rival Cobb County teams.
- Line 1 Singles Trivi Arasavelli won 6-0, 6-4
- Line 2 Singles Noah Mallon won in a third set tiebreaker 5-7, 6-2, 10-7
- Line 3 Singles Tejiri Aror won 6-0, 6-3
- Line 1 Doubles Mason Herrmann and Kyle Blanchett won 6-1, 6-2
- Line 2 Doubles Jire Aror and Aditya Lakare won 6-0, 6-4
- The Spartans are 9-3 on the season and take on Carrollton next Tuesday at home.
- Join the CHS Boys’ Lacrosse Team for a Spirit Night Fundraiser at Your Pie - Smyrna, Thursday, March 23, 5pm - 9pm. The CHS community is invited to a Spirit Night Fundraiser at Your Pie - Smyrna, 2440 Atlanta Road, Suite 100, on Thursday, March 23, to support the CHS boys' lacrosse team. 15% of receipts from meals purchased at Your Pie between 5pm - 9pm on March 23 will be donated to CHS boys' lacrosse. Get take-out and come watch the CHS boys’ lacrosse home game at 6pm! Or, dine-in at Your Pie before or after the game. We hope to see you there and thank for your support!