OCTOBER 1ST 2022: MAGNET SCHOOL AND CITA APPLICATIONS OPEN ONLINE!
DECEMBER 1ST 2022: DEADLINE FOR MAGNET APPLICATIONS! (TEACHER RECS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 15TH)
FEBRUARY 17, 2023 @ 4:30PM- ADMISSIONS DECISIONS POSTED IN THE MAGNET APPLICATION PORTAL (SIGN INTO CCSD MAGNET PORTAL)
MARCH 15, 2023 - DEADLINE FOR STUDENTS TO SELECT PROGRAM AND INDICATE COMMITMENT IN MAGNET PORTAL OR THROUGH THE CITA FORM (EXCEPT PEBBLEBROOK).
MAGNET TIMELINE 2022-23 IN RESOURCES BELOW.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR APPLICATION PROCESS
- All applications should be completed entirely by the student.
- Students should use a student Gmail or Yahoo email account. Please remind students (and parents) that we will not be able to contact them if there are issues with their application if they use a CCSD student email. DO NOT USE YOUR CCSD STUDENT EMAIL!!!
- Parent and student email addresses should not be the same.
- The portal opens/opened on October 1st and closes on December 1st at 11:59pm. No applications will be taken after this date.
- Students should write their essays in a Word/Google Doc (or somewhere it can be saved), then copy/paste it into the portal when they are finished. If they begin the essay in the portal and stop, their essays will not be saved.
- If students run into issues with the portal, they can either email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If they have specific program questions, they should email that coordinator.