- What does part-time online learning options mean?
Students may take face to face courses at their local schools along with online courses to maintain a full course schedule. In other words, “part” of a student’s school course schedule may include an online course.
- Must students have full course schedules?
Middle and High School students should be scheduled for a full academic course load. Students must maintain a full course schedule at their local school but may take a combination of online courses and face to face courses to meet this scheduling requirement. Counselors work with students and parents to recommend and approve the appropriate CVA courses.
- Can students participate in school activities?
CVA is a supplemental (part-time) online program serving students in the Cobb County School District. Students taking online classes with CVA remain enrolled in their local CCSD school and can participate in school activities.
- Is there a cost for the part time online courses?
There is no cost for face to face or online courses on student’s local school course schedule.
- What online courses does CVA offer students?
Currently, CVA offers courses for high school credit to middle and high school students who meet the pre-requisites.
- What if my student needs an online course not offered by CVA?
Online courses not offered through the current CVA course catalog may be scheduled with Georgia Virtual School.
- How do I enroll my student in part-time online courses?
Students interested in part-time online learning should reach out to their local school Counselor to discuss scheduling appropriate CVA courses for the 2021-2022 school year. This may also include a conversation on whether online learning is the best option for your student and where the student would complete their coursework. Students, with the assistance of parents if needed, should register for their online course(s) through the appropriate program website during posted registration periods.
- Are there some additional considerations for Middle School students who want to register for a part time online course?
Due to the unique nature of a middle school schedule, partial day online course requests may not be able to be accommodated. Parents should discuss online learning options with middle school staff early in the scheduling process.