- High School Equivalency (GED® & HiSET® ) students receive instruction in reading, math, and language.
- Students are assigned to classes based upon TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) test scores.
- Classes are offered Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM until 12:00 Noon or from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. .
- Classes are provided at no cost to the student.
How To Register
For admission into the High School Equivalency (GED® & HiSET®) Preparation classes you must be 16 years of age or older.
To register for classes, please click on the following link:
Or you may:
- Visit our Student Services office with a valid government issued I.D. and Social Security number to fill out a Registration form.
- Students 16 - 19 years of age need a withdrawal slip from the last high school attended
- Students 16 - 17 years of age need to schedule an appointment with the Counselor and have a parent/legal guardian present with a valid government issued I.D.
- Students 18 and older must be a U.S. Citizen/legal permanent resident or qualified alien
- Receive an appointment to take the TABE placement exam (a 2 day test).
- Attend an Orientation session, receive test results and class placement.
- Monday - Thursday from 9:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. until 8:30 P.M.
- Friday hours are 9:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.
- Contact the Cobb location by:
- Phone: (678) 594-8011 Ext. 245
- Email: Acacia Ingram, Counselor
- Monday - Thursday from 9:30 A.M. until 12:00 P.M., and 6:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M.
- Contact the Paulding location by:
- Phone: (678) 460-1587
- Email: Lekendreon Neal
Admissions Testing (TABE)
The TABE admissions test is required for all students who register and wish to attend the Adult Education program.
In Cobb, this test is offered Monday and Tuesday mornings from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or evenings from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Students must attend both days.
In Paulding, this test is scheduled from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM on designated Fridays.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service®. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
ETS, the ETS logo, MEASURING THE POWER OF LEARNING and HiSET® are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS).