Welcome to Blackwell Elementary
Home of the Blackwell Bulldogs
Maurine Kozol, Principal |
Pam Roach, Assistant Principal
News and Announcements:
2013-2014 School supply lists
New scurity buzz-in feature at Blackwell
2013 dress code
Walmart Neighborhood Market (3372 Canton Rd #142, Marietta, GA
30066) awarded Blackwell Elementary School a $1000 grant to
Blackwell is a designated Green School at the GOLD level!
Blackwell Elementary School is selected as a Gold Level Fit
Friendly School by the American Heart Association!
Elememntary Strategic Plan
In an effort to maintain a safe and secure school environment for all Blackwell stakeholders, it is important to remind you of the following:
- Our school building remains locked each morning until 7:20 AM. Students may not enter the building until the morning bell
rings. Parents must remain with their student(s) until the building opens. Please do not drop off your students prior to this time.
- In order to preserve instructional time, parents may not visit their student’s classroom unless they have an appointment.
Please sign in at the front office and our staff will notify the teacher that you have arrived.
- Our final morning bell rings at 7:50 AM and instruction begins at this time. If your student(s) arrive after 7:50, they are tardy
and must be signed in at the front office by a parent or guardian.
- Breakfast is served from 7:20 until 7:50 AM. If your student arrives after 7:50, they will be unable to receive breakfast.
- Visitors to Blackwell Elementary must sign in at the front office, receive a visitor sticker and place the sticker where it
is visible for staff members to see. Anyone in the building without a sticker will be referred to the office for sign in.
- Visitors are required to sign out at the front office and remove their visitor sticker when their Blackwell visit is over.
- If you need to check your student(s) out from school prior to regular dismissal time you must present a current picture identification
card and sign your student out from the front office. Your student will then be called to the office and released to you.
- You may not check your student(s) out after 1:45 PM. Students will not be released to anyone who is not listed on the
contact information on their current enrollment form. Please keep these forms updated. To assist you with your calendar,
please know that Blackwell Elementary students will be dismissed at 12:20 PM on May 22 and May 23, 2013.
- Any transportation changes must be sent to the office in writing. This includes bus changes, ASP changes and car rider changes.
We cannot make transportation changes via email, telephone call or FAX. Please plan carefully so that we know all children are safe.
I want to reassure you that we have security measures in place and that the safety of your children is our highest priority. I want
to thank you for your continued support of our staff as we continue to enforce these safety and security measures and trust
that we will be vigilant and use the resources we have available to ensure that students stay safe under our watch.
ALERT: Change to Bus Policy:
Students will no longer be allowed to ride a different bus home with friends. This transportation policy
change is happening because our buses are full. This year we are fortunate to have no second load buses but the downside is that
our buses are full. If you have a specific situation we need to know about, please bring it to our attention.
The safety and security of our Blackwell students is a primary concern of all staff
members. In order to maintain the security we require during our carpool line
dismissal, we ask that you please take note of the following Blackwell policies:
- In order for our car pool line to be safe and successful, parents must remain in their vehicles
and wait for their children to exit the school building.
- Please be sure to clearly post your car pool number for our faculty to see.
- We ask that you do not park your vehicle and walk into the school with your car pool number to receive your student(s).
We have a high volume of student car riders this year; please respect these policies for the safety of our students as well as our staff members.
Changes in your student's transportation by bus requires parent/guardian completion of a bus pass.
Blackwell's School Facility has in accordance with the mandated requirements of the Asbestos Hazard
Emergency Response Act (AHERA) prepared an Inspection Report and Management Plan. The purpose of the Inspection Report and
Management Plan is for detecting, controlling and informing the public of any asbestos containing materials that may exist in
this School Facility. In the even that a building addition, renovation or response action is required at this
Facility, the Inspection Report and Management Plan will be revised accordingly.
This will advise you that a copy of the Inspection Report and Management Plan for this Facility is
available for public review in the Administrative Offices of the Facility during normal working hours. Copies are
available, upon request, only in completed sets at twenty-five (25) cents per page.
Check out the Blog for the Blackwell Foundation.
To contact the foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents, please be reminded and remind your students that there are no electronic
devices allowed at school. This includes the school bus.
No IPODS, MP3 Players, CD Players, Gameboys, Tamagotchi's, etc.
Some students are distracted by these in class and we would not want
one of these items to be stolen. Thank you for your support!
Please be aware that students are not allowed to wear the "HEELY" (athletic shoe with a
` roller in the heel) shoes to school. While they are great fun,
they can be dangerous. Please do not allow your students to
wear them to school. Thank you!
The building does not open for students until 7:20. Please do not drop
students off before this time because there is no adult supervision.
Any transportation changes must be sent to the office in writing. This includes
bus changes, ASP changes and car rider changes. While we would
like to be able to accept emails and faxes the reality is that we
can’t always check email in a timely manner and often the faxes
don’t come through. Please plan carefully so that we know all
children are safe. A transportation change form
is available for your use.
There is no student checkout after 1:45 p.m. Students will not be called
from classes for dismissal during SOAR.
Being on time to school is extremely important. Instruction will
start promptly at 7:50. If they arrive after 7:50
they are counted tardy. If your student is late then they
miss valuable instructional time.