Congratulations to the following students for the acceptance into the Cobb County Center for Excellence in Performing Arts at Pebblebrook High School
Chloe O.- Tech Theater
Dymys C.- Tech Theater
Deeyona M.- Tech Theater
Sydney K.- Dance
Davon F.- Dance
Smitha has been chosen as one of the pilot schools in CCSD to transform the library media center into a learning commons. A learning commons is best described as:
1) A full-service learning, research, and project space
2) A flexible environment built to accommodate multiple learning activities
3) Bringing together the functions of libraries, labs, lounges, and seminar areas
4) Empowering active and collaborative learning and a participatory culture
5) Inviting students to devise their own approaches to their work and to transfer what they learn in one course to the work they do for another,” (Educause,2011).
Therefore, we would like to gather input from our parents to help us determine how we can better serve your students and create the learnings commons model here at Smitha for next year.
Please take a moment to complete the short survey below.
Encuesta para Padres
Smitha ha sido elegida como una de las escuelas piloto en CCSD para transformar el centro de medios de la biblioteca en un ámbito común de aprendizaje. Un ámbito común de aprendizaje se describe mejor como:
1) Un lugar de aprendizaje de servicio completo para la investigación, y espacio de proyectos
2) Un ambiente flexible construido para dar cabida a múltiples actividades de aprendizaje
3) Una combinación de las funciones de la biblioteca, laboratorios, salones y áreas para seminarios
4) Un lugar que empoderará el aprendizaje activo y colaborativo de una cultura participativa
5) Un lugar para invitar a los estudiantes a elaborar sus propios enfoques para su trabajo y para transferir lo que han aprendido en un curso para el trabajo que realizan para otro "(EDUCAUSE, 2011).
Por lo tanto, nos gustaría obtener la opinión de nuestros padres para ayudarnos a determinar cómo podemos servir mejor a sus estudiantes y crear un ámbito común de aprendizaje aquí en Smitha para el próximo año.
2014-15 School Choice
The Cobb County School District is again offering School Choice (HB 251 and SB10) transfers for the 2014-2015 school year. Applications will be available beginning February 10, 2014. For more information, please see our 2014-15 School Choice website.
Smitha is a Title 1 Reward School!
Smitha MS has earned a spot on the Georgia Department of Education Release List of 2013 Reward Schools!
Smitha Middle School was named a “High-Progress School"!
A “High-Progress School” is a Title I school among the 10% of Title I schools in the State that is making the most progress in improving the performance of the “all students” group over three years on the statewide assessments.
Way to go, Cardinals!
SUBSTITUTE JOB FAIR
The School District will host TWO Substitute Job Fairs on Tuesday 4/22/14 from 9:00 am until 11:00 am. For applicants interested in substituting for the North Area Schools (North of Powder Springs including North Marietta, East Cobb, Kennesaw and Acworth) the job fair will be held at Piedmont Baptist Church located at 570 Piedmont Road, Marietta, 30066. For applicants interested in substituting for the South Area Schools (Includes Smyrna, Powder Springs, Austell, and Mableton—South Marietta area), the job fair will be held at Skyview Elementary School located at 5805 Dunn Road, Mableton, 30126. To attend applicants must complete the following REQUIREMENTS:
1-RSVP by sending an email to EITHER email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. You can only RSVP to one fair and this should be the geographic area you plan to work as a substitute. You must RSVP by 4/15/14.
2-Bring a resume with you to the fair detailing all of your work and educational experience.
3-Be prepared to briefly meet with an Administrator.
New Immunization Requirements for 2014-2015
The Georgia Department of Public Health has released new immunization requirements for Georgia students. In addition to the immunizations currently required, all students born on or after January 1, 2002 who are entering 7th grade, and new entrants to Georgia schools in grades 8-12 will be required to have the Tdap (Tetnus, Diptheria and Pertussis) and meningococcal conjugate vaccines before entering school for the 2014-2015 school year.
For more information, call Cobb & Douglass Public Health at 770-514-2349 or visit www.cobbanddouglaspublichealth.org.
© 2014 Cobb County School District. All Rights Reserved.
514 Glover Street | Marietta, Ga. 30060 | (770) 426-3300
Directions to CCSD Central Office | Legal Information Disclaime