History of Argyle
Named for the neighborhood; the surrounding subdivision was noted for Scottish names. Argyle Elementary opened its doors to students in the fall of 1961. At that time, there were approximately 375 students enrolled. Presently, Argyle has a student enrollment of approximately 500 students in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Argyle continues to provide a strong curriculum with a focus on high expectations for student learning. Each student is challenged to meet or exceed the standards set for his/her grade level. Students are given opportunities to develop higher level thinking skills and to practice these in their everyday learning.
The staff at Argyle Elementary School is committed to inspiring lifelong learners by developing their academic, social, and emotional potential in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Students should be prepared and actively engaged in learning.
- Students have different learning styles and learn at different rates.
- All students can achieve when provided differentiated instruction and a variety of resources.
- Staff is committed to providing enriching opportunities throughout the school for all students to succeed.
- Staff embraces high expectations for learning and is held accountable for providing daily, meaningful instruction.
- Through on-going collaboration by staff, students will be prepared for the next level of learning.
- Community and parental involvement are vital to the development of successful student.