Advanced Content Criteria for the 2021-2022 School Year: 2021-2022 AC Criteria for Web.pdf
**Unless a request is received or students did not meet the criteria, all 4th grade Advanced Content students will remain in Advanced Content classes in 5th grade.
What is the Advanced Content Model?
- Homogeneous grouping on the basis of academic performance/achievement in a specific academic content area.
- Classes include gifted and highly able students who have demonstrated exceptional ability and motivation in a particular content area.
- Placement is determined by criteria.
How will the instruction for Advanced Content differ?
- Performance tasks extending grade-level standards and expectations
- Accelerated pacing of spiraled material
- Introduction to above grade-level standards and concepts
- Utilization of instructional strategies for advanced learners
What is the Availability for Next Year?
- 4th Grade Advanced Content in ELA/Reading & Math
- 5th Grade Advanced Content in ELA/Reading & Math
How does Advanced Content impact Target?
The AC Model should not impact the Target resource model. Not all gifted students may qualify for AC courses at the elementary level. Gifted students who meet criteria will be expected to attend a full day of Target classes.
Will my child automatically qualify for Advanced Content in middle school?
No, middle school Advanced Content criteria and placement is a local school decision. If you have questions regarding the placement criteria for local feeder schools, please contact the school directly.