A council functions as an advisory body, offering input to the local school principal.
The District believes family and community engagement is critical to student and district success. The establishment of Principal Advisory Councils is intended to provide a means by which parents, community members, and school staff can work together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s concerns and share ideas for school improvement.
- Two staff members (one being the current Teacher of the Year);
- Two parents (one being the current PTSA president);
- Two members of the community (one being a Partner in Education representative);
- In the case of high schools, the president of the student government organization or senior class president.
Due West Elementary Council Members:
Laura Howerton - Teacher
Jennifer Flacke - Teacher
Adrian Sotres- Parent
Veronica Moore - Parent
Sarah Amico - Parent
Jennifer Hand - Parent
Haley Smith - Parent
Cissi Kale - Principal
Sherry Trimble Smith - Assistant Principal
- Thursday, September 21st, 2023
- Thursday, December 14th, 2023
- Thursday, February 29th, 2024
- Thursday, May 9th, 2024