Principal Advisory Council
A council functions as an advisory body, offering input to the local school principal.
The District believes family and community engagement is critical to student and district success. The establishment of Principal Advisory Councils is intended to provide a means by which parents, community members, and school staff can work together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s concerns and share ideas for school improvement.
- Two staff members (one being the current Teacher of the Year);
- Two parents (one being the current PTSA president);
- Two members of the community (one being a Partner in Education representative);
- In the case of high schools, the president of the student government organization or senior class president.
Due West Elementary Council Members / Roles:
- Jennifer Hand, Parent
- Haley Smith, PTA
- Erin Milton, Teacher of the Year
- Jennifer Flacke, teacher
- Sarah Amico, partner in education
- Kevin Smith, partner in education
- Cissi Kale, principal
- Sherry Trimble Smith, assistant principal
September 21st at 9am
December 9, 2022
February 8, 2023
April 19, 2023
Agendas & Minutes:
- September 15th, 2021 CLICK HERE
- January 10th, 2022 CLICK HERE