Jewel Booth Palmer Middle School, which opened August 13, 2001, is located in Kennesaw, Georgia and serves approximately 800 students in grades 6-8. The school is dedicated to the memory of Jewel Palmer, one of the finest educators to serve in the state of Georgia. Committed, passsionate, and courageous are the words most commonly used when referring to Jewel Palmer. Her commitment to education inspired her to be an advocate for students and teachers.
Jewel Palmer's commitment to the teaching profession and contributions to the Cobb County School District will long be remembered. Her heritage continues to thrive in our commitment to the development of the total student. The Palmer Middle School staff has embraced her legacy of tireless devotion to educational achievement and innovative teaching approaches.
Vision and Mission Statement
Our vision for Palmer Middle School is to increase learning to ensure all students are high school, college, and career ready.
The mission of Palmer Middle School is to empower ALL students for success.
Recognitions and Accomplishments
Palmer prides itself on its many recognitions and accomplishments:
- Nicole Gaut, Georgia Art Education Association 2024 Middle School Educator of the Year
- Kristen Cross, 2022 Georgia Middle School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Barbara Truluck, Georgia's 2019 School Counselor of the Year
- ASCA RAMP School of Distinction
- Positive Behavior and Interventions and Supports (PBIS) School
- America's Healthiest Schools Award 2023
- National Beta Club School of Merit
- Georgia PTA Mental Health Microgrant Winner
- The only AVID National Demonstration School in the state of Georgia
- Bronze Award from Governor's Office of Student Achievement
- Five Star Climate Rating
- Library Learning Commons Certified
- 62% of staff hold advanced degrees