770.819.2521 Ext. 072
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dear PHS Families, Faculty, and Staff,
I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I am the Title I Parent Facilitator for Pebblebrook High School, Ms. Holder (firstname.lastname@example.org). My office is located in the main building. Due to the building being under construction with limited space I have created a virtual Parent Resource Center that you can use to help answer some of the most frequently asked questions (Click here to Access the VIRTUAL PARENT RESOURCE CENTER).
The purpose for the Title I Parent Liason is to assist in the building of capacity for parental involvement at Pebblebrook High School. Parental involvement as, “the participation of parents in a regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities including:
- Assisting their child’s learning;
- Being actively involved int their child’s education in school;
- Serving as full partners in their child’s education and being included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child; and
- Assist in the evaluation of the parent involvement programs at their school.
As a Title I Parent Facilitator, my number one priority is to assist parent in the following areas:
- Conduct Parent Workshops.
- Assist with ParentVUE username and password trouble shooting.
- Assist with scheduling Parent/Teacher conferences as needed.
- Assist in facilitating open dialogue and communication between parents and Pebblebrook High school.
WHAT IS TITLE I?
Pebblebrook High School is a Title I School.
Title I is a federally funded program which provides services to schools based on student economic needs. Title I is the largest Federal Assistance Program for our nation's schools. The goal is to provide a high-quality education for every child, so the program provides extra help to students who need it most.
FY23 Title I Budget Snapshot
Every Title I School has made assurances that consist of the following components:
- A comprehensive needs assessment of the school.
- Proven methods and strategies for student learning, teaching, and school management based on scientific research and effective practices.
- As a parent, you have the right to inquire about your child’s teacher and paraprofessional’s qualifications. You may contact: Dr. Dana C. Giles, Principal, at 770-819-2521, or Ms. Charlene Holder.
- Instruction by highly qualified teachers (Parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of their child’s teacher and paraprofessionals providing services to their child.)
- High quality, ongoing, professional development based on scientifically based research for teachers, principals, and paraprofessionals.
- Strategies to attract high-quality, highly qualified teachers to high need schools.
- Strategies to increase parent involvement, such as family literacy services.
- Plans for assisting rising 9th Grade children in the transition from 8th Grade to 9th Grade. Measures to include teachers in decisions regarding the use of academic assessments.
- Activities to ensure that student having difficulty mastering the proficient or advanced levels of academic achievement standards shall be provided with effective, timely, additional assistance.
- Coordination and integration of federal, state, and local services and programs.
Example Programs Made Possible through Title I at Pebblebrook High School
- Parent Liaison
- Parent Resource Center
- Academic Coach
- Professional Development
- Instructional Resources
- Summer Extension Program
- In-School Remediation/tutoring
Pebblebrook Parent Resource Room
The Resource Room is under construction, please contact Ms. Holder if you need access to a computer, academic strategies or self help Non-English speaking parents.
School Choice Transfers
Useful Cobb County Title I Links