770.819.2521 Ext. 072
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dear PHS Families, Faculty, and Staff,
I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I am the Title I Parent Facilitator for Pebblebrook High School, Ms. Holder (Charlene.Holder@cobbk12.org). My office is located in the main building. Due to the building being under construction with limited space I have created a virtual Parent Resource Center that you can use to help answer some of the most frequently asked questions - COMING SOON.
The purpose for the Title I Parent Liaison is to assist in the building of capacity for parental involvement at Pebblebrook High School. Parental involvement as, “the participation of parents in a regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities including:
- Assisting their child’s learning;
- Being actively involved in their child’s education in school;
- Serving as full partners in their child’s education and being included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child; and
- Assist in the evaluation of the parent involvement programs at their school.
As a Title I Parent Facilitator, my number one priority is to assist parent in the following areas:
- Conduct Parent Workshops.
- Assist with ParentVUE username and password trouble shooting.
- Assist with scheduling Parent/Teacher conferences as needed.
- Assist in facilitating open dialogue and communication between parents and Pebblebrook High school.
WHAT IS TITLE I?
Pebblebrook High School is a Title I School.
Title I is a federally funded program which provides services to schools based on student economic needs. Title I is the largest Federal Assistance Program for our nation's schools. The goal is to provide a high-quality education for every child, so the program provides extra help to students who need it most.
FY23 Title I Budget Snapshot
Every Title I School has made assurances that consist of the following components:
- A comprehensive needs assessment of the school.
- Proven methods and strategies for student learning, teaching, and school management based on scientific research and effective practices.
- As a parent, you have the right to inquire about your child’s teacher and paraprofessional’s qualifications. You may contact: Dr. Dana C. Giles, Principal, at 770-819-2521, or Ms. Charlene Holder.
- Instruction by highly qualified teachers (Parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of their child’s teacher and paraprofessionals providing services to their child.)
- High quality, ongoing, professional development based on scientifically based research for teachers, principals, and paraprofessionals.
- Strategies to attract high-quality, highly qualified teachers to high need schools.
- Strategies to increase parent involvement, such as family literacy services.
- Plans for assisting rising 9th Grade children in the transition from 8th Grade to 9th Grade. Measures to include teachers in decisions regarding the use of academic assessments.
- Activities to ensure that student having difficulty mastering the proficient or advanced levels of academic achievement standards shall be provided with effective, timely, additional assistance.
- Coordination and integration of federal, state, and local services and programs.
Example Programs Made Possible through Title I at Pebblebrook High School
- Parent Liaison
- Parent Resource Center
- Academic Coach
- Professional Development
- Instructional Resources
- Summer Extension Program
- In-School Remediation/tutoring
Pebblebrook Parent Resource Room
The Resource Room is under construction, please contact Ms. Holder if you need access to a computer, academic strategies or self help Non-English speaking parents.
School Choice Transfers
Useful Cobb County Title I Links