To ensure the safety of all students, Pitner parents are asked to adhere to the following procedures for AM Drop Offs, PM Pick Ups, and Early Pick Ups:
AM DROP OFF PROCEDURES
- Students must remain in the car until 7:15 AM when the bell rings.
- Parents should wait in the car lane until they reach the drop off circle at the front of the school.
- DO NOT drop off children on Wade Green Road. The far right lane is a moving lane of traffic which is extremely dangerous for students.
- DO NOT pull ahead of the car line to double park and let your child out. This is dangerous with the volume of cars in the parking lot.
- DO NOT park in the Special Needs parking space that we have designated for families with physical disabilities to use.
- DO NOT drop off children in the Bus parking lot or park in the Bus parking lot to walk your child to the front of the school.
- DO NOT drive down to the playground to let your child out.
- Please pull all the way forward in the car lane circle so that we can unload as many cars possible at the curb.
- Prepare your child to exit the car in a timely manner by having backpacks ready and saying good-byes before getting to the drop off area.
- Students should exit on the passenger side of the car closest to the curb since the left lane is still a moving lane of traffic.
- Parents should remain in their cars. We have staff members who will assist students as they exit their vehicles.
- After 7:45 AM, parents should park and walk their child in the building to sign them in tardy.
PM PICK UP PROCEDURES
- A Pitner Car Tag is required to pick up children in the car pool lane. Make sure the car tag is visible in the front window and names are printed in dark ink. Drivers without car tags will be asked to park to go in the school with a picture ID to get a car tag.
- Please pull all the way forward in the car lane circle so that staff can load as many students as possible.
- Car Riders are called from the cafeteria. Students WILL NOT be called from ASP to the car line. If a student reports to ASP, parents will need to park and report to the ASP desk to sign their child out.
- Walkers are dismissed from the cafeteria and must be signed out to an approved adult who shows a picture ID.
- Students must be picked up by 2:30 PM. Students not picked up by 2:30 PM will be checked into ASP and parents will be charged a one time $20 registration fee if they have not already registered for ASP and a $10 daily ASP fee.
- Students are not allowed to ride a different bus than the one they are assigned.
EARLY CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
- Only parents and adults listed as an emergency contact can check students out early.
- Parents must in the office before 1:45 PM in order to check a student out early. Adults must be prepared to show a picture ID to verify they are listed as a contact person.
- Students must be present for more than half of the school day (7:45 AM to 11:00 AM) in order to be counted present.