Cobb County School District police JCDB-R encourages all students to observe a standard of grooming and dress consistent with the level of formality of the school situation. All students shall be required to maintain the level of personal hygiene necessary to ensure a healthful school environment and to refrain from any mode of dress which proves to contribute to any disruption of school functions.
MINIMUM STANDARD OF DRESS: All students shall maintain the following minimum standard of dress:
- Appropriate shoes shall be worn. No shoes without backs are allowed. Gym shoes should be worn during PE.
- Midriffs shall be covered.
- Appropriate undergarments shall be worn and may not be visible.
- Strapless garments shall be worn with a jacket.
- Tank-tops shall be worn with a jacket.
- Appropriate shorts, as determined by the school administration, may be worn.
- No caps, hats, bandanas nor hoods covering the head are to be worn in the school buildings during the school day unless there is a special activity during which they are deemed appropriate by the school administration.
- Clothing or ornamentation that does any of the following is prohibited:
- Displays or advertises substances illegal for minors.
- Displays suggestive phrases, designs, markings, or profanities.
- Advocates, promotes, or suggests illegal activity.
Students dressed inappropriately or against dress code, will be required to call home to have someone bring them the appropriate wear in order to return to class.
Wearing school spirit attire is encouraged.