CCSD Attendance Protocol
- Three (3) unexcused absences: After Three (3) unexcused absences, an email will be sent informing the parent/guardian of unexcused absences and protocol for future absences.
- Five (5) unexcused absences: A CSIS generated letter will be mailed to the parent/guardian. This must be adhered to, as the Georgia Law referencing attendance states that the school is required to contact parents by two reasonable attempts.
- * Five (5) consecutive unexcused absences: The school staff or designee may contact the school social worker to investigate the reason for absences, so the appropriate follow-up or resource referrals may be completed prior to the withdrawal at 10 consecutive unexcused absences.
- Seven (7) unexcused absences: A School Social Worker referral will be generated by the principal or principal designee listing specific school-based interventions (telephone calls, letters, conferences, etc.) that have occurred prior to making the referral.
- Ten (10) consecutive absences: Students will be withdrawn. The student will be re-enrolled upon return.