Rocky Mount’s Transportation Tid-Bits
- All students are encouraged to ride the bus to and from Rocky Mount.
- All bus riders arrive safely and on time daily for the start of school at 7:45am. The news broadcast will begin at 7:45am daily.
- Click above for the Rocky Mount Student Bus Pass if your child needs a different bus plan for the day.
- Students who are walking home dismiss from the cafeteria. (Click above to review and complete the Rocky Mount Safe Walker Protocol.)
- Parents are welcome to wait in the covered play area at 2:20pm until the buses leave and then students who walk home are released to their families.
- Walkers who require supervision as indicated on the Safe Walker form are taken to ASP if not picked up by 2:25 pm at the Covered Play Area.
Please review and adhere to the Rocky Mount car rider process and etiquette. While the list may seem lengthy…and in some cases a little bossy…everything listed is to facilitate the safe and efficient drop off and pick up of all Rocky Mount car rider children.
For the safety of our students, please do not drop your child off before 7:15am because the doors to the school are locked and there is no adult supervision.
- The instructional day begins at 7:45am so please plan accordingly.
- Students are marked tardy if they enter the school after the 7:45am bell.
- The car rider line is a “no cell phone” zone.
- Car rider drop off/pick up is in the front of the building. Children may NOT be dropped off in bus lanes or on Rocky Mountain Road.
- Rain or shine, pull all the way up to the car rider STOP sign. This helps ease the congestion on Rocky Mountain Road and Steinhauer Road.
- Children must always exit the car from the right hand side (passenger side) and immediately move into the building. If passenger side exiting is not possible, you must park your car and walk your child to the sidewalk.
- Please drive in a single lane from the time you enter campus until you exit campus. Passing in the car rider line is prohibited as it could jeopardize the safety of our children. Even if your car is not carrying passengers, you must follow the car rider procedures when you are on campus.
- If your child is transporting a large project, park in the front parking lot, walk your child into the school lobby, return to your vehicle, and follow the car rider line until exiting campus.
- In the afternoon, Rocky Mount car rider tags MUST be displayed. Cars that do not have a Rocky Mount car rider tag displayed must come into the building to provide identification before a student will be released.
- Students not picked up by 2:35pm will be taken to ASP. All ASP charges will apply.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Rocky Mount’s number one priority is student safety.
Please contact Rocky Mount if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.