Meet the Counselors and School Social Worker
Serving 1st and 4th
Serving K and 2nd Grade
Serving 3rd and 5th Grade
Social Worker for All Students
****If you have questions on how to enroll your student, please visit the CCSD Website at School enrollment. If you have additional questions please contact our school clerk (Rhyann Moore Pate) email.
Brumby School Counseling Mission Statement…
The mission of the Cobb County School Counseling Program is to provide comprehensive school counseling services that are equitable, data-driven, and developmentally appropriate. As a counseling team we seek to create a school culture where students feel included, safe, and supported. Additionally, we work and advocate to remove barriers to student learning to create confident and successful members of society.
Brumby School Counselors Will…
- Facilitate classroom and small group counseling activities that align with the America School Counselor Association(ASCA) and state standards.
- Collaborate with community members and agencies to facilitate student achievement and personal/social growth.
- Collaborate with administrators, parents, and teachers.
- Analyze school data to inform counseling program services.
- Promote cultural competence to help create a safer more inclusive school environment.
Brumby School Counseling Annual Calendar
- August Introduction to the Role of the School Counselor
- September School Success Skills, Self-Advocacy, Expected/Unexpected Behaviors
- October Making Safe and Healthy Choices
- November Friendship Skills, Sources of Strength, Feelings
- December Calming Down Strategies, Self-Control
- January Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving
- February Growth Mindset, Kindness
- March Career Exploration, School Success Skills
- April Healthy Personal Skills
- May End-of-Year Transition
Georgia Crisis and Access Line
GCAL is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to help you or someone you care for in a crisis. GCAL professionals will provide telephonic crisis intervention services, dispatch mobile crisis teams, assist individuals in finding an open crisis or detox bed across the state, and link individuals with urgent appointment services. 1-800-715-4225
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
The lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Dial 988
Crisis Text Line
Every texter is connected to a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm place through active listening and collaborative problem solving. The Crisis Text Line’s Crisis Counselors are volunteers, donating their time to helping people in crisis. Text “GA” to 741741