Cobb Horizon Fall 2023 Graduation Information
Thursday, December 14th at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Osborne High School
2451 Favor Rd. SW, Marietta, GA
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2024!
You have completed your graduation requirements! We are immensely proud of you and look forward to recognizing and celebrating your accomplishment with your fellow graduates on December 14!
Commencement Information and Schedule of Activities
Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 7:00 pm
The Performing Arts Center Theater at Osborne High School
LOCATION OF VENUE AND DIRECTIONS
The Performing Arts Center Theater is located on the campus of Osborne High School at 2451 Favor Road, Marietta, GA 30060.
o All guests attending commencement, including babies and small children, will need a ticket to enter the venue.
o Each graduate will be allotted SEVEN (7) tickets for family members and guests.
o Tickets will not be provided for students not participating in the ceremony.
o Cap and Gown and Ticket Distribution will take place at Cobb Horizon High School on Tuesday, December 12, at 3:00 pm.
• For students participating in the Fall Commencement ceremony, ALL coursework must be completed by December 7. Students not participating in the ceremony will be permitted to continue working until
• Laptops issued from Cobb County School District must be returned by Tuesday, December 12, at 2:00 pm.
• All students must be cleared of fines. Students with outstanding fees or laptops will be prohibited from participating in the ceremony.
• Tickets will only be distributed to those cleared for participation.
• Wednesday, December 6…………3rd, 4th, and 5th Block
• Thursday, December 7…………. 1st and 2nd Block
• Commencement rehearsal will be conducted at Osborne High School on Thursday, December 14, at
4:30 pm before the ceremony.
o Attendance is mandatory for the rehearsal.
o Dinner will be served to our graduates following practice.
o ALL graduates will remain on the Osborne High School campus from 4:30 pm through the end of the ceremony.
• All policies, rules, and regulations of the Cobb County School District and Cobb Horizon High School will be enforced throughout the evening.
The following dress for graduates is expected for student participation in the ceremony:
• Each student must have a current commencement gown with a matching mortarboard and tassel. Cap and Gown orders can be placed using this link: www.Atlgrad.com The cost is $60. For more information, contact Ms. Baker at 678-594-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Dark pants, dark shoes, and dark socks
o White-collared dress shirt, ties are not required
o BE ADVISED, appropriate shoes should be worn. Spiked heels are strongly discouraged. Dark, nude, or metallic-colored shoes may be worn.
o A dress that is shorter than the gown OR dark dress pants; shirt collars should not show
• Mortarboards are to be placed on the top of the head so that the mortarboard is flat on the top. Bobby pins are suggested to hold the hat in place. Tassels will be worn on the RIGHT side of the mortarboard during the ceremony. DECORATING THE MORTARBOARD IS PROHIBITED.
• To ensure the decorum of the ceremony and to provide consistency among schools, alterations to the mortarboard and gown will not be permitted. Graduates may only wear stoles, cords, and other insignia authorized by the school.
• All honors cords will be given directly to qualifying students on Tuesday, December 12, at 3:00 pm.
• Thursday, December 14, at 7:00 pm in The Performing Arts Center Theater on the campus of Osborne High School.
• Graduates will arrive at 4:30 pm at Osborne High School with their cap, gown, and tassel and immediately report to the Performing Arts Center Theater for check-in and quick rehearsal.
• Doors will open at 6:30 pm for all guests. Early admission will not be permitted.
• Individuals requiring a wheelchair must provide their own.
• Guests will not be allowed in the graduate seating area.
• Following the ceremony, graduates will immediately proceed to Cap Toss outside in the courtyard adjacent to the cafeteria.
• Diploma distribution will take place in the cafeteria immediately following the Cap Toss.
• Graduates and guests should enter the campus of Osborne High School at the entrance on Kennedy Lane at the sign directing guests to event parking.
• Parking is available adjacent to the Performing Arts Center Theater.
• Accessible parking for guests with disabilities and elderly requiring individualized assistance will be available adjacent to the Performing Arts Center Theater.
• Any object that obscures the view or impacts the safety of others is not allowed in the venue (e.g., balloons, signs, etc.).
• All guests attending commencement, including babies and small children, will need a ticket to enter the venue.
• Participation in the commencement ceremony is optional and a privilege. Students must meet all expectations and requirements to participate in the commencement ceremony.
• Restitution for any damage to the venue, district property, or vendor property will be the responsibility of the graduate(s) and/or audience who caused the damage.
• Lifetouch will take photos as each graduate receives his/her diploma and will make these available for purchase. Parents may not be in the aisles to film or take photographs.
• Students are identified as honor graduates if they have a minimum, unrounded 3.500 GPA.
• The School Counseling Office will be closed on Monday, December 11, and Tuesday, December 12, so counselors can verify graduation status for all seniors. A school counselor will contact you if there are any problems with final grades. Students can communicate on an individual basis with their counselor as needed.
• Seniors must request a final transcript if they plan to attend college. Final transcripts are NOT mailed automatically – students must request one be sent. The cost is $2.00 per transcript request. This may be done any day between December 1 and December 14.
• If you have any questions, please contact:
o Amanda Burks (Graduation Administrator) Amanda.Burks@cobbk12.org
o Mandy Mooney (School Counseling Department Chair) Mandy.Mooney@cobbk12.org