Cooper Middle is a School-Wide Title I school.
A School-Wide Title I program is a comprehensive federally-funded reform strategy designed to upgrade the entire educational program in a Title I school; its primary goal is to ensure that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate proficient and advanced levels of achievement on state academic achievement standards.”
This school-wide strategy requires that a school:
- conduct a comprehensive needs assessment; (i.e. benchmark tests)
- identify and commit to specific goals and strategies that address those needs; (School Strategic Plan)
- create a comprehensive plan; and (School Wide Title I Plan)
- conduct an annual review of the effectiveness of the school-wide program and revise the plan as necessary. (School-Wide Review Team)
Adopting this strategy should result in an ongoing, comprehensive plan for school improvement that is owned by the entire Cooper Middle school community and tailored to our unique needs.
Whereas Title I targeted assistance programs only provide educational services to identified individual students, school-wide programs allow staff in schools with high concentrations of students from low-income families to redesign their entire educational program to serve all students. The emphasis in school-wide program schools is on serving all students, improving all structures that support student learning, and combining all resources, as allowed, to achieve a common goal. Schoolwide programs maximize the impact of Title I.
As parents in a Title I school, your role is to assure parental involvement is essential to achieve maximum social, emotional, and academic growth and encourages participation of parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Link to Family Information Guide (Parents Right to Know p. 10) - Please Click HERE
- Link to School Choice HB-251 - Please Click HERE
- Link to District Title I Page - Please Click HERE
The following Documents are attached below.
- Cooper’s School Improvement Plan (SIP) & Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA)
- Cooper’s Title I Budget Snapshot
- Family-School Engagement Policy
- School-Family Compact
- Approved Compact 2021 2022.docx
- Compact 2021 2022 Spanish version 11 02 21.docx
- Title I FY22 SIP Comprehensive Needs Assessment (1) 07 02 21.docx
- Title I FY22 School Improvement Plan Action Plan in Progress.docx
- Cooper School_Parental_Involvement_Policy 2021 2022.docx
- Cooper School_Parental_Involvement_Policy 2021 2022 Spanish Version.docx
- Cooper MS FY 22 Title I Budget.JPG.docx