Health Hints from the Comet Clinic
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a safe, happy, and healthy break!
A few reminders about the clinic and medications at school:
- Please complete and return your child's Clinic Card as soon as possible. This card has essential information regarding your child as well as the phone numbers to contact you should your child become ill during the school day. Remember to keep your contact numbers updated throughout the year.
- If your child has asthma or allergies and you have not filled out a health care plan, a plan will be sent home to you in the next few weeks. Please return these forms to the clinic after your physician has signed them.
- A Medication Authorization Form must be completed for ANY type of medication given at school. (This includes cough drops, topical creams, over the counter medications). The clinic does not keep a supply of medicine for students, so you are responsible for bringing in the medications your child will need during the school day. Please remember, only medications needed during the school day are administered during school hours. If your child requires medication once or twice a day, these medications should be given at home.
- All medications must be transported to school by an adult AND must be in their original containers with a valid expiration date. Prescription medications (including inhalers) must have the correct time, dosage, expiration date, and child's name on the bottle/packaging.
- Please remember that over the counter medications cannot be administered for more than 10 consecutive days. For longer administration, an MD note is required.
- If you have questions regarding medications and health care at school give me a call @ (678) 494-7836. The best hours to speak with me are between 8:00 and 2:00.
Thank you for helping keep the clinic running smoothly and our children as healthy as possible this year!