Ms. Kelly Jenkins to make an appointment
678-842-6966 ext. 038
How a student can talk to the Counselor
- Students can self-refer to see the counselor
- Parents can refer their child to the counselor
- Teacher or administrator request
- Counselor Invitation
Vision: Empowering students for success.
Mission: The mission of the Milford Elementary School Counseling Program is to deliver a comprehensive and data-driven program that promotes academic achievement, interpersonal skills, and career development for all students.
- All students are capable of success.
- The counselor, staff, and parents work together to provide a safe, positive environment where all students feel a sense of belonging and connectedness.
- Multiculturalism is respected and valued.
- All students should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program to address the academic, career, and interpersonal development.
- The counseling program uses data to plan intentional guidance activities.
- Integrate a Growth Mindset through lessons that promote skill development in the counseling domains.
- Support parent engagement to enhance student achievement.
- Foster a sense of belonging among students, staff, and parents.
The school counselor will:
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with all stakeholders including parents/guardians, school personnel, and community members, as well as student advocates to support student success.
- Abide by the standards set by the American School Counselor Association National Model, as well as by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling.
- Design, implement and evaluate the school counseling program in conjunction with the school administrators and in alignment with the district strategic plan.
- Implement developmentally appropriate counseling program for all students in grades K-5 and be aligned with the academic, career, and interpersonal domains of school counseling.
Classroom Guidance- allows the counselor to meet with the entire class and share lessons on topics such as: bullying, friendship skills, conflict resolution, problem-solving, academic success, career readiness, and growth mindset.
Individual Counseling- The counselor is available to talk with a student privately about specific concerns or problems.
Small Groups- The counselor creates groups to address the common needs of students to further their academic success.
Parent Conferences- The counselor is available to meet with parents as needed.
RTI- The counselor is a member of the RTI team.
If you have a crisis and need immediate help, please click below for services or you may also call 988 or text 988: