BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is an initiative that will allow students to bring their own personal devices to school and use them for educational purposes under the direction of a teacher or administrator. Students should only use the CCSD Wireless network while at school. Students will receive direct instruction in Digital Citizenship.
1. The use of a device is a privilege, not a right.
2. While on school grounds, BYOD devices may only be used for educational purposes. This includes before and after school times.
3. Devices may only be used at teacher approved times.
4. Students should ask their teacher for approval before playing any education games.
5. Students shall not distribute or display any inappropriate material. See the CCSD Acceptable Use Policy for additional information.
Consequences for Misuse:
- 1st Offense – Students must complete the appropriate Digital Citizenship module again before getting the privilege back.
- 2nd Offense – Student will lose the privilege for a month. The teacher will contact the parents for a conference.
- 3rd Offense – Student will lose the privilege for the remainder of the school year and will be referred to administration.
All devices should be clearly labeled on the outside with the student’s first and last name as well as the homeroom teacher’s name.