Your Advisor is your main connection and point of contact at school. Your daily Advisement period allows you a space to ask questions that you may not have the opportunity to ask in other classes. Advisement is daily and 80 minutes per week. Attendance for advisement is mandatory and will help you be successful at COLA. There are even opportunities for your advisement group to meet up in person on Fridays either at school or out in the community.
Your advisor's main role is to help guide you through the school year. They will be there every morning for you:
- To help organize you with your plans for the day.
- To answer questions that you may have and be unsure who to approach.
- To help deal with worries or problems that you may be having at school with certain lessons.
- To help deal with worries or problems that you may be having at school with certain students.
- To help deal with worries or problems that you may be having outside of school.
- To support you in your ambitions and goals for the year.
- To communicate with your parents for their input into school and to share successes.
- To share vital information that is very important for your school year.
- To provide a positive, friendly, and supportive atmosphere daily.
- To help you address problems with homework completion and submission.
- To help you with planning for your future after High School
- To share meaningful conversations about school and things out of school.
- To enrich your day with the knowledge that they care.