Dodgen Middle School Dress Code
All students shall be required to maintain the level of personal hygiene necessary to ensure a healthful school environment and to refrain from any mode of dress which proves to contribute to any disruption of school functions. The faculty and staff of Dodgen Middle School support the belief that students who maintain a high standard in appearance are more likely to achieve success. Clothing worn during the school week should reflect a commitment to academic excellence.
The Dodgen Student Dress Code is in alignment with the Cobb County School District Board Policy JCDB-R, which can be viewed by clicking here.
The minimum standard of dress shall be as follows:
- Appropriate shoes shall be worn.
- Midriffs shall be covered; cropped tops are not permitted. Students must wear a full-length top to school daily.
- Appropriate under-garments shall be worn and may not be visible.
- Strapless garments shall be worn with a jacket.
- Tank-tops shall be worn with a jacket.
- Appropriate skirts/shorts, as determined by the school administration, may be worn.
(Dodgen recommends that students wear skirts/shorts at or below mid-thigh; at all times skirts and shorts must fully cover the backside) NOTE: If a student's shorts/skirt are shorter than the shirt they are wearing, the shorts are too short and should not be worn. It must be evident students have on both a shirt and pants.
- No caps, hats, bandanas nor hoods covering the head are to be worn in the school buildings during the school day unless there is a special activity during which they are deemed appropriate by the school administration. Administrators shall evaluate requests to wear coverings in accordance with sincerely held religious belief on a case-by-case basis.
- Clothing or ornamentation that does any of the following is prohibited:
a. Displays or advertises substances illegal for minors.
b. Displays suggestive phrases, designs, markings, or profanities.
c. Advocates, promotes, or suggests illegal activity.
**Teachers and administrators shall enforce the dress code, and the Dodgen administration shall be the final judge as to the appropriateness, neatness and cleanliness of the wearing apparel, or whether or not apparel is disruptive, unsafe, or in violation of the dress code. If in doubt, do not wear the outfit.