Course Registration Process (Current Hillgrove students in 9th, 10th, and 11th grades)
Current Hillgrove students will register for courses for the 2022-2023 school year by having teachers place course labels on their official registration forms. Students must have eight (8) course labels on their registration forms (English, math, science, social studies, and four (4) electives) to complete registration. Additionally, students should write two (2) alternate electives on the back of their registration form. The alternate electives may be used to replace a selected elective if a scheduling conflict occurs.
- Students should review the 2022-2023 Course Catalog to select courses for next school year. The course catalog is available electronically on our website, and teachers have a printed copy in their classrooms with additional copies in the media center, counseling office, and front office. Students are encouraged to use the Course Registration Worksheet (the last page of the catalog) to plan which courses they wish to take next year.
- Some courses (yearbook, newspaper, work-based learning, mentorship, minimum day, CVA/GaVS online courses, December graduate, and dual enrollment) require applications and/or teacher recommendation forms that must be completed prior to registration. Contact the teacher or your counselor to get applications before registration begins. Return the applications by February 28 so that you will be eligible to receive course labels during registration.
Monday, February 28 (Course Registration Begins)
We will be on a different bell schedule: All students will go to homeroom at the beginning of the day. 9th – 11th grade students will get official registration forms, transcripts, and first semester schedules during homeroom. After homeroom, all students will return to their first semester classes briefly to get course labels from their first semester teachers.
- Since seniors do not need course labels, they will get to visit with their 1st semester teachers for a few minutes.
- Students who did not attend Hillgrove during semester 1 will report to the media center. After visiting all 1st semester teachers, students will follow their second semester schedule for the remainder of the day to get course labels from their second semester teachers.
- Students are responsible for their registration forms; they must keep up with the form all week and turn it in at the end of the week when called by last name to enter their courses.
Tuesday, March 1, and Wednesday, March 2
Students will be able to get course labels from all departments during their lunch period on both days. Students should make sure they have filled all eight (8) spaces on their registration forms and selected two alternate electives on the back of the registration form. (Alternates should be hand-written; labels are not required.)
Thursday, March 3, and Friday, March 4
Students will be called alphabetically by last name to enter their course registration into the scheduling database. Students with incomplete registration forms (any form with less than eight (8) course labels) must get missing course labels before they will be allowed to enter their course registration. All departments will be available with course labels. After entering their course registration, students will receive a confirmation receipt indicating the courses for which they have been registered. Instructions to change a course are included on the confirmation receipt.