PARKING/AUTOMOBILES - FEES AND POLICIES
Each student who chooses to park a vehicle at Hillgrove must purchase parking decals according to the following schedule:
First Semester Price of Decal
(Decals Sold Between)
August 2 - September 24 - $50.00
October 4 - October 29 - $45.00
November 1 - November 19 - $40.00
November 29 - December 17 - $35.00
Second Semester Price of Decal
(Decals Sold Between)
January 5 - February 18 - $50.00
February 28 - April 1 - $45.00
April 11 - April 29 - $40.00
May 2 - May 24 - $30.00
First semester decals expire 12/31/21. Students must complete a second semester parking application with attachments to purchase a new decal. Ticketing for the second semester begins 1/18/22.
The CCSD Public Parking Permit Application and Vehicle Registration Form (PAVR-2/06) will be used to advise students and parents of rules and regulations.
Parking applications may be downloaded from the Hillgrove website or picked up in the Parking Office - Admin 4 (downstairs at the end of the math hall).
- All parking transactions will take place in the Parking Office - Admin 4 Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 8:10 a.m. Student parking is a non-academic item, and therefore no parking transactions will take place during the school day.
- Completed applications can be placed in a sealed envelope in the black box outside of Admin 4. It is the student's responsibility to pick up their decal.
- Students will not be assigned a permanent parking space.
- Students are not permitted to park in front of the building, in visitor spaces, in staff spaces (marked with yellow lines and numbers) or at Lovinggood Middle School.
Emergency one-day parking will be limited to 7 days per semester and is subject to the same rules and regulations as stated on the Parking Permit Application.
Students must provide the following items, copied onto a full sheet of paper, in order to purchase a one day parking pass:
- Photocopy of current driver’s license
- Photocopy of valid vehicle insurance card
- Photocopy of license plate
- Copy of online payment receipt or pay by cash or check in the Parking Office - Admin 4.
Parking and traffic violations on campus shall be subject to the following:
- Fines for minor violations will range from $15.00 to $35.00 and must be paid in the Parking Office - Admin 4 by the following school day. After that, a $1.00 a day penalty will be applied. Tickets for 1st semester violations will begin on August 16, 2021. Tickets for 2nd semester violations will begin on January 18, 2022.
- The speed limit anywhere on campus is 10 MPH.
- As stated on the Parking Permit Application form, fines not paid the following school day will be assessed an additional $1.00 per day.
- Discipline will not reduce the amount of the fine.
- Moving violations are subject to state traffic citations.
- Buses always have the right-of-way on campus.
Students may have their parking privilege revoked or suspended. Vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense. Parking privileges may be revoked if the student leaves campus without permission. In such cases, no part of the parking fee will be refunded.
The driver/owner of any vehicle will be responsible for the use of his vehicle while on campus, and subsequently for a violation of the rules and regulations by persons other than himself if the offense is committed with/or in his/her vehicle. Vehicle owners who utilize the school parking facility agree to maintain adequate liability insurance, and must have proof of insurance available at all times. The CCSD will not be responsible for any losses or damages to the property of users of its facilities, including loss due to bodily injury.
Students may go to their cars during the school day with a pass from an administrator.
The right is reserved to search an automobile when there is reason to believe a violation of school regulations has occurred. If a student’s vehicle is vandalized, or if students have articles stolen from their vehicles, a report to the campus officer should be made immediately. A written stolen property report should also be completed. A report will be filed with the Cobb County Police Department.